Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: websites suddenly demanding newer version, newer version breaks

Hmmm... I have the same problem. I added a new hardrive to my PC and updated windows 10, after reinstalling NetObjects XII, my created homepage did not open. The message was as iamageneralist encountered [following is not exact English wording, becuase I am using NOF in German and translated it for this post...]: "This file was created with a newer version of NetObjects Fusion and cannot be opened. Upgrade to the newest version of NetObjects Fusion."

I thought, well ok, "let's get the latest update, then" and tried to download it. Although I have a pretty stable internet connection, it took me 5 trials to finally download the complete update file! Then I tried to run this .exe-file, but now received the message [message appeared in English this time!]: "NetObjects Fusion 12.0 Not Detected. This updtae requires NetObjects Fusion 12.0. PLease install NetObjects Fusion 12.0 and try again or you can choose to auto update during the NetObjects Fusion 12.0 installation."

When I open NetObjects Fusion before trying to install the update I get this English message: "An instance of Corel Website Creator is running. In order to install this update, Corel Website Creator must be closed. Please Exit the application and try again."

The really mysterious thing is, I do not have anything by Corel on this PC... (or is it the NetObjects Fusion itself?)

Uninstalling and reinstalling of the original NetObjects Fusion 12 from CD does not solve the problem. I also have contacted the customer service two days ago, but have not received an answer, yet...)
    Last edited by Loddah; 03-01-2016 at 10:34 PM.

Again, I tend to think the issue is with windows 10 which has caused problems with many programs, especially those that date from before windows 10. It has forced me to reinstall windows 7 on my laptop from the recovery disks I created when I first bought it 5 years ago. Everything now runs fine.

NoF 12 dates from well before windows 10 and therefore cannot be expected to know what changes to the system windows 10 has made.

My recommendation would be a) upgrade to NoF 2015 and b) downgrade back to windows 7. You'll probably find everything runs fine then.

Then you can open you site from the last templates you saved as per my original suggestion to the OP.

Well, I am hoping that there is a less difficult and cheaper option... But thanks for your advice! Might just have to do so, although I won't like it!

I have received updates #1 and #3 from a friend. After installing them on my PC in the correct order(! update #4 that is still on the NOF homepage had no effect what so ever!!!), I can access my homepage again!
    Last edited by Loddah; 03-05-2016 at 07:47 PM.

Once using this GBWhatsApp I also got the same message from this application and when I visited it's official site gbapps.net I found it's new update which GBWhatsApp new version and after downloading it my issue got solved...