Thread: Is there anything left to read in hard copy?

Smile Is there anything left to read in hard copy?

You might say that I am an old school kind of guy. My first computer was working on a PDP8-1 where we booted it by flipping switches on the front panel. Anyways, I just upgraded to NOF 2015 and I am wondering if there are any good books out there for NOF 2015? The only one I saw was for NOF 2011. My learning ability is much better looking at a book than staring at a computer screen or tablet.

I know the WIKI is there as well as the help files, but I am just trying to save on printer ink and paper.

I would hope so because I would most happily pay for one.......

Quote Originally Posted by dmdcissp View Post
    You might say that I am an old school kind of guy. My first computer was working on a PDP8-1 where we booted it by flipping switches on the front panel......

......there are any good books out there for NOF 2015? The only one I saw was for NOF 2011. My learning ability is much better looking at a book than staring at a computer screen or tablet.

I know the WIKI is there as well as the help files, but I am just trying to save on printer ink and paper.
    Fusion has changed very little since it was released in 1996.

The GUI has expanded but the "views" are the same as they were when it was first envisioned..

As far as books.

You should be looking at CSS and such and importing the "bleeding edge"into the Fusion code generator.

if your interest leans to dynamic content. Choosing a language and understanding how to create pages "on the fly" is an interesting read.

As with Fusion 1, all of the "inserts" are the same, just more expanded with the later releases.

Oh and as far as "inky blinky and nod" this was my first venture with a "soldering iron". It is sitting in a computer "museum" in Staunton last time I heard but the Persci 77 is down in my basement on top of a pair of Qume datatrack 8s in a Comppro enclosure.

Last edited by gotFusion; 11-16-2015 at 01:40 AM.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I have the NOF 11 book by David Plotkin. It comes in handy at times. The wiki also helps. The book should be available very cheap. So far everything in it that I have found has been applicable to NOF 2015. So I'd recommend it.

Up untilv11 Fusion came with full documentation in PDF - a Getting Started guide and a full User Manual. Not much has changed since v11 so they are still useful for many things. Still available, last time I looked, on the Fusion support web site. For the additional components in 2013/2015 use the wiki.

Banned

I concur.....I think the documentation for NOF 2015 is far ahead of previous versions......seehttp://wiki.netobjects.com/Table_of_Contents

btw...I have a picture in my profile but it doesn't seem to appear..any ideas why?