Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo Gallery Thumbnails and Photos on Same Page

Exclamation Photo Gallery Thumbnails and Photos on Same Page

Hi,

I used NOF many years ago quite a lot (Version 8.0), but have long since forgotten most of the tricks I learned back then. I've just upgraded to NOF 2015, having previously upgraded to NOF 2013 about a year ago, without even using it.

My need at the moment is to create a Photo Gallery site, but with the photos displayed on the same page as the Thumbnail Images. Does anyone know if this is possible leveraging the NOF "out-of-the-box" Photo Gallery functionality (didn't seem as though it was an option to me)?

If it's not possible, is there a way of using a third party script/product to do so?

I'm not worried if it cost extra to use something third party to enable the Photo Gallery functionality that I want, as I need something pulled together fairly quickly and I still like the ease of drag and drop Site Management that NOF provides.

So if anyone has any insight on if same page main Photo Image and Thumbnail display is available via NOF or, if not, whether it's possible in other ways, I would certainly appreciate the feedback.

Cheers,

Wayne

I use Coolmaps ThumbsUp, would this do for you?
    http://www.christlphoto.com.au/html/...ographers.html

Default Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    I use Coolmaps ThumbsUp, would this do for you?
    http://www.christlphoto.com.au/html/...ographers.html
    Wow, that was quick. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll take a look at 'Coolmaps ThumpsUp'. Much appreciated!

~Wayne

see if you can find version 5, it is many times faster than version 7 because you can leave popup name blank for each thumb, whereas v7 requires you to type a unique name for each one, very time consuming and silly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-0155.png 
Views:	337 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	2329  

Hi Anton,

I took a quick look at Coolmaps ThumbsUp and unfortunately, it's not what I'm after. I know that I can use a script to generate a Popup image easily, including leveraging Lightbox functionality.

However, what I specifically need is for the images to be displayed on the same page as the Thumbnail images, not displaying in a popup window. Alternatively, even just the images displaying on the page with arrows below or embedded in the image to page through additional images would work. The ability to allow an automatic slide show default, with override by visitors clicking on the arrows or image would be even better still.

Very specific requirements, I know, but that is what is required for the site I've been asked to create. I've seen this functionality in other Photo Gallery scripts, but I'm just now sure how easy they would be to integrate with NOF.

Cheers,

Wayne

Take a look at this tutorial: http://www.beyondfusion.com/html/tutorial-tr.php

I've used the technique on several sites. Sometimes with text links, sometimes with thumbnails

Here's an example using text links generated dynamically using PHP and a database: http://www.theedgetiedye.com/html/se...?pattern=swirl

Static code can also be used.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the feedback and links. I took a look at the example and the tutorial, which I found is well written and looks straight forward to deploy in Net Objects Fusion. This may possibly be a solution for certain areas of my planned site.

However, the primary aim is for a thumbnail list (or alternatively a text linked list) to be displayed on a page, with the ability for the visitor to select a thumbnail image to display a particular image, but large images taking up the majority of the page by default cycling through automatically.

This is more the classic Photo Gallery Carousel functionality, which doesn't seem to be readily available as a plugin or otherwise to NOF.

I already had purchased a separate Photo Gallery script a few years back that provides this functionality, so it may mean finding a way of integrating that Photo Gallery script with NOF. But I was hoping the same functionality was either built in to the product, or was available via some form of plugin, even if I had to pay for the plugin.

What I'll do for the moment I guess is to brush off the cobwebs on the script I previously purchased (it has had a number of upgrades over the years and still looks pretty good), and then see if I can integrate the script with NOF.

Cheers,

Wayne

The example uses a OnMouseover event. You can substitute an OnClick and require the visitor to click on the thumbnail or text link to change the large image displayed.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Oh, I never thought of that. Thanks! I certainly can change the trigger event to OnClick and display a large image, as you say. But, I'm still left without an initial auto-cycle through the images process, unless there is a built-in way for the NOF Gallery to perform such a process on the same page as the thumbnail images, which I don't see as an option.

~Wayne

Somebody should mention getting a paid option of jalbum as well. Very easy with scads of display options.