Thread: a plea....Steve...

Default a plea....Steve...

Am I alone here in not REALLY seeing the need for a responsive product??? It is just a buzz phase!
    My sites are developed to be viewed using the most popular 1366x768 resolution.

These show perfectly well on iPads, laptops etc.
    If clients want to have them optimised for smartphones I can do that......plenty of 3rd party options at a (monthly) cost.

The added feature in NOF 2015 of 'Centre in Browser' eg is a huge advance on previous versions.
    I (again) am maybe alone in that I really think the Carousel is a HUGE step forward, but could be improved re Transition options etc.

Let's work TOGETHER to make sure the current product is enhanced in line with real user requirements....let's build a wish list!
    I have been in IT for over 30 years working for many of the UK Top Companies. COMMUNICATION is the KEY to success!!!
    This is what is really upsetting people.

Steve...PLEASE...PLEASE ....keep us informed...LISTEN....to what experienced NOF'ers want.
    We love you really....and don't WANT to go away...make it easy to stay...LISTEN!!!! PLEASE.

Quote Originally Posted by gprit View Post
    Am I alone here in not REALLY seeing the need for a responsive product??? It is just a buzz phase!
    My sites are developed to be viewed using the most popular 1366x768 resolution.

These show perfectly well on iPads, laptops etc.
    If clients want to have them optimised for smartphones I can do that......plenty of 3rd party options at a (monthly) cost.

The added feature in NOF 2015 of 'Centre in Browser' eg is a huge advance on previous versions.
    I (again) am maybe alone in that I really think the Carousel is a HUGE step forward, but could be improved re Transition options etc.

Let's work TOGETHER to make sure the current product is enhanced in line with real user requirements....let's build a wish list!
    I have been in IT for over 30 years working for many of the UK Top Companies. COMMUNICATION is the KEY to success!!!
    This is what is really upsetting people.

Steve...PLEASE...PLEASE ....keep us informed...LISTEN....to what experienced NOF'ers want.
    We love you really....and don't WANT to go away...make it easy to stay...LISTEN!!!! PLEASE.

Yes you are probably "alone" !

While personally I don't understand Google's fascination with 'mobile friendly' (my current sites render fine even on my 'old' 240 x 320 HTC Wildfire (or I can elect to create a pure mobile site[s] - perhaps even NetObjects mosaic - I own the .mobi domain[s]) the fact remains that Google is my prime source of business over the last few years and (presumably due their weighting for 'responsive/mobile friendly') I have seen 'unique visitors' on my main site drop from 1308 in December 14 to 1038 in December 2015 which is a decline of over 20%. If I take the six months Jul-Aug 15 v 14 the drop is 21%. Having seen continual year on year growth for three years, the second half of 2015 saw us drop down the google rankings (in a very competitive market - mortgage advisers) in national rather than very local areas.

There seems little point in me arguing with google if I want to stay in business - responsive I must be. I am now in the learning phase with another programme provider and so far it's a massive leap forward (albeit taking a considerable investment in terms of time).

The one issue we do agree on is that Netobject's response and and communication has been pitiful during this process and has simply 'burnt' a vast amount of previously earned user goodwill.
    Last edited by Senior Paper Monitor; 01-03-2016 at 08:09 PM.

Have faith. If there's one thing I've learned working with Fusion for the last 20 years it's that it's never the first to incorporate new technologies (think drop down menus, think multi-layer menus, etc) but when it does it it does it well and makes it easy for the inexperienced user to work with (and inexperienced users are NoF's market although many experienced developers use it also for rapid front-end development).

Responsive output isn't an easy thing to make work in a simple to use, wysiwyg, drag and drop environment, which is what NoF is and pretty much all of those apps that already have it are either clunky in application or require a more advanced knowledge of web technologies than does NoF.

When it comes -- and I know it will come although I don't know when -- it will be done properly and in a way that the non-knowledgeable, non-experienced user will be able to understand and do.