Thread: How to get Essentials 7.5

Default How to get Essentials 7.5

We have an enormous site that was created in Essentials 7.5 and updated therein until my computer died last month. www.santafetradingpost.com I've got the .nod file but no template. The .nod file won't open in the Essentials 13 we downloaded to my new computer; says it's "incompatible." There's no way I can recreate this huge site from scratch or download it from the web. I desperately need a copy of Essentials 7.5. I tried emailing NOF + calling the main NOF phone # several days ago trying to get a copy but no one has called me back or answered my email. By now I'm absolutely frantic. From reading various threads in this forum I know I'm not the only one with this problem. Please, please tell me that 7.5 is still available and how I can get a copy.

Hi Donald, My google search had already found the same information. (I wasn't too lazy to look,that is WHY I am frantic.)
    However, your suggested site:
    http://download.cnet.com/NetObjects-...-10791294.html
    returns the following WARNING
    Reported Attack Page!
    This web page at files.downloadnow.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.
    Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.
    Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

The downloads on the netobjects links are for the 7.5 update patch(es). I need the full original 7.5 program install package. The "Essentials 7.5" we downloaded from the NOF site last week actually turned out to be Essentials 13.xxx version.

Quote Originally Posted by MissKitty View Post
    We have an enormous site that was created in Essentials 7.5 and updated therein until my computer died last month. www.santafetradingpost.com I've got the .nod file but no template. The .nod file won't open in the Essentials 13 we downloaded to my new computer; says it's "incompatible." There's no way I can recreate this huge site from scratch or download it from the web. I desperately need a copy of Essentials 7.5. I tried emailing NOF + calling the main NOF phone # several days ago trying to get a copy but no one has called me back or answered my email. By now I'm absolutely frantic. From reading various threads in this forum I know I'm not the only one with this problem. Please, please tell me that 7.5 is still available and how I can get a copy.
    Hi MissKitty,

Fusion Essentials 7.5 is unavailable and has been replaced with our newer version that you've found on our site. You are correct that the new Essentials will not allow import of older sites. Even if I provided you a download of Essentials 7.5, the registration server is no more and you would be unable to install it.

Fusion 2015 will be able to import your .nod file but I have a few questions before suggesting an upgrade purchase.

1. Do you have only the .nod file or do you have the site folder that contains the .nod and assets folder?
    2. If you only have the .nod file, that is only a database of site structure and text. Images and files are NOT part of the .nod. You can relink them via the program, but you'll need the files on your PC. You can download them using a third party FTP program such as filezilla.

Thanks,
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

Hi Adam. Thank you for confirming what I feared I already knew. In answer to your question, I have the complete site folder that includes not only the .nod file but also has the folders for assets, backups, local publish (empty), preview (empty), recovery (empty) and styles. However, I have concerns about upgrading to Fusion 2015 based on past experience. We've been using NetObjects Fusion literally since version 1.0 and faithfully upgraded up to and including version 7. Our santafetradingpost site has been up and running -- and growing -- for 15 years and has over 2000 pages. The .nod file is 129,505 kb.

Several years ago we upgraded to NOF 11 and I created several new sites in it, but our SFTP site absolutely would not migrate from v. 7 to v. 11 no matter what I did and regardless of all the help I got from the NOF 11 forum members at the time. It was the NOF 11 folks who finally suggested I download Essentials 7.5, which I did and everything worked perfectly until my computer died last month. (As I recall, the consensus was that v. 11 didn't "work like" v. 7 and that's why I couldn't get the site into v. 11 via any methodology whatsoever.) So I'm very concerned that Fusion 2015 doesn't "work like" Essentials 7.5 and I'll have the same problem.

Hi again Adam. Where did you go??? If you're saying that Fusion 2015 will indeed be able to import my .nod file since I have the complete site folder, I have a bunch of procedural questions. Thanks in advance.