Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Failure to launch NOF 2015 using Windows 10 desktop

Default Failure to launch NOF 2015 using Windows 10 desktop

NOF 2015 was an upgrade from 2013. I am running Windows 10 desktop. I haven't used NOF for several months and it worked fine for the last update but today, it won't launch. I still have the desktop icon for NOF 2013 and it won't launch either. I tried rebooting my computer and I still am unable to execute NOF 2015. What can I do?

Bill

possibly another Win10 auto update broke Nof

I would google how to permanently disable auto updates in Win10

Bill,

You could try reinstalling NOF.

If it still does not start, then submit a technical support ticket for further assistance.

Steve,

Previously licensed for NOF 2013 and took the upgrade offer to NOF 2015. I did the upgrade from the Net Objects website and with no DVD or security code, I'm afraid to uninstall...probably paranoid. I did find in my download folder a NetObjects Fusion 2015.exe icon. Can I close all programs and run that w/out uninstalling first for fear I can't log into the new program? Should I uninstall NOF 2015 AND NOF 2013 too? Will uninstall also delete my existing files and the website design....connections to my web host? Sorry for being a bit uncomfortable as to not knowing what is involved in a uninstall/reinstall. I'd like to just run the "NetObjectsFusion2015.exe right from my downloads folder and let any corrupted file be restored. So I'm curious what happened since I can't launch NOF 2013 either? I can also permanently disable auto updates for Win10 but that my not be wise.

Bill

there is no need to uninstall Nof13 when installing Nof15

uninstall Nof 15 first and then reinstall it

uninstalling any Nof version does not remove your user sites or templates, you can do it all day long and nothing will happen to your sites

Thanks for the support...NOF 2015 loads fine now

Quote Originally Posted by N6BM View Post
    Thanks for the support...NOF 2015 loads fine now
    until the next Win10 auto update breaks it

NOF 2015 was an upgrade from 2013. I am running Windows 10 desktop. I haven't used NOF for several months and it worked fine for the last update but today, it won't launch. I still have the desktop icon for NOF 2013 and it won't launch either. I tried rebooting my computer and I still am unable to execute NOF 2015. What can I do?

Bill
    Re-installing software solves the problem.

Bill
    It happens to me too lately to my NOF 2013 on a Windows 7 PC.

I go to Start -> click on NOF.

At other times I reboot the PC and everything works fine.
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

One of the reasons I refuse to upgrade to WIN 10 is that unlike previous versions you CANNOT disable auto updates!