Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1/2 Responsive-----I Think That This Would Work And Be Easy For NOF Team?--------

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 1/2 Responsive-----I Think That This Would Work And Be Easy For NOF Team?--------

I saw a website building tool that did not build a responsive website but rather, it allowed the builder to build three or four DIFFERENT websites, all the same website really, but three different sizes so three different looks, what the builder thought would be the correct layout for say PC monitor, Ipad and a smartphone,
    The three sites were then published.
    Next step.... the person visiting the website would be dealt one of the three sites depending on what his device was. (the devices browser tells the server that the site is loaded on which one of the three websites to send.
    At the build stage no complicated coding was used to stretch objects out or shrink them in in a percentage type of action. Just three sites in one.

Surely this would not involve the same type of coding as making NOF fully responsive, and it would fulfil us, your clients, needs for now until you get your act together? Or better still, until you give or sell NOF to some other company and let them resurrect the phonix of what was the best website building tool out there.

P.S. Also if there are still going to be NO Youtube instructional videos, then your not living in the present.
    Look at this link if you don't know what I'm talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KAczRYH_1s
    Last edited by mikeconcannon; 01-16-2016 at 07:44 PM.

Plenty of views, no comments?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeconcannon View Post
    Plenty of views, no comments?
    what do you exspect? BTW you are making unconcealed promotion for a competing application. I wonder why administration of the forum is so generous.

90 Seconds Website Builder! So funny they need 23 Minutes to show how to insert a simple form

You are all missing my point, I am not saying that 90 minute website builder is any good, NOF is the best, its just an example of nice youtube video tutorials , and the reason that I put an example up there is only to demonstrate what I am talking about to people who would not have a clue about what I am saying.
    But the main topic of the post is the 3 stage responsive functionality, I did not mention the name of the software that does that, It was not 90 secont builder
    Now how about a comment on this point, the easy way out for NOF to give us an intermediate solution whilst they try and work out how to make NOF responsive

It's easy enough to do this with NoF using a selection script to read the visiting device's viewport and direct to the appropriate version. Been doing it for a couple years now.

Now how about a comment on this point, the easy way out for NOF to give us an intermediate solution whilst they try and work out how to make NOF responsive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szImshnfqb0

They did try, here is a very modest library ...
    https://www.youtube.com/user/netobjectsinc

Hello Franco, so it is not that difficult then, maybee the NOF peole would look at incorporating the script you describe into a NOF upxate then?

There are plenty of selection scripts available on the internet for a variety of scripting languages - PHP, ASP, Ruby, etc. It's just a question of editing the script to include the different media queries you've created sites for.

Create the different sites in NoF using the same assets and resizing them as necessary so you have essentially 3 different sites - say 360px, 680px and 1024px - and place the edited script in the document root of the domain. From there the visitor will be served the appropriate version of the site for their viewport.

In all applications, those that generate responsive sites and those that don't, you still have to create and place the different size assets; it's just a question of whether or not you do it in a single interface window as with, eg Macaw or Coffee Cup, or do it in 3 separate windows as with NoF. Btw, in NoF you can have multiple iterations open and copy and paste between them.

I saw a website building tool that did not build a responsive website but rather, it allowed the builder to build three or four DIFFERENT websites, all the same website really, but three different sizes so three different looks, what the builder thought would be the correct layout for say PC monitor, Ipad and a smartphone,
    The three sites were then published.
    Next step.... the person visiting the website would be dealt one of the three sites depending on what his device was. (the devices browser tells the server that the site is loaded on which one of the three websites to send.
    At the build stage no complicated coding was used to stretch objects out or shrink them in in a percentage type of action. Just three sites in one.

Surely this would not involve the same type of coding as making NOF fully responsive, and it would fulfil us, your clients, needs for now until you get your act together? Or better still, until you give or sell NOF to some other company and let them resurrect the phonix of what was the best website building tool out there.

P.S. Also if there are still going to be NO Youtube instructional videos, then your not living in the present.
    Look at this link if you don't know what I'm talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KAczRYH_1s
    Hi there,

I have seen web sites like the ones you describe.

There is no need for YouTube videos because you have all you need, including specialized NOF hosting, at

Mike - (turtle) - Web Hosting - NetObjects Fusion support and training starts at $9.95
    Fusion web Hosting + hand holding support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE one on one Fusion Support and training with all web hosting accounts
    Microsoft Windows and Red Hat Linux web hosting platforms
    http://www.gotHosting.biz - http://www.gotFusion.com

Mike is very active in this forum already.

1/2 responsive? Hhhhmm, half way and half done, not good.
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.