Thread: Data getting duplicated throughout my site

Default Data getting duplicated throughout my site

I am in the process of designing a site and everything has been going fine. Now, however, if I add a new page, everything that I put on that page gets duplicated onto the home page and every other page below the original contents of those pages. If I then delete this content from the home page, it takes it off all the other pages, including the page where it should be. I am not aware of having set any switches on or changed any defaults. Help!!

Can you send me a private message (PM) containing the following information?

- Windows version (e.g. 7, 8.1, 10)
    - Windows edition (32 or 64 bit)
    - Version of Internet Explorer (e.g. 11)
    - Version of Java Runtime environment installed (e.g. Version 8 Update NN)

If you could export the site that contained the duplicates to a .ZIP file and post the .ZIP file somewhere, that would be helpful. Please include the URL to the .ZIP in the PM.

You're placing content into the master border. Master borders are shared between all pages that use those master borders.

Place your page specific content into page Layout areas and your problem will go away.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

To expand on the correct answers you have received you can look at this tutorial that will give you more details

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=382
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    You're placing content into the master border. Master borders are shared between all pages that use those master borders.

Place your page specific content into page Layout areas and your problem will go away.
    Thanks. That makes absolute sense. I will check it out now.

Further to the original problem. Any new pages that I create do not have a Layout Area. The whole page is the Master Border Area. I tried adding a Layout Region and added my text to that, thinking that would solve the problem, but it has not. I have made sure that the Page Marks option is checked on the View menu. I have searched the help system to find how to add the Layout Area, but to no avail. Help again!!

What template was the site created from?

There is a known issue with the Smart Template where new pages are being defaulted with a page layout height of zero.

You can correct this from the Object Tree by highlighting the default page layout (e.g. Untitled10Layout1), and then edit the layout height in the property inspector.