Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10

Default Windows 10

Are there any compatibility issues with Windows 10 and NOF 2015? I am afraid to upgrade to it until I resolve this?

Not everyone has the same experience, but I use Fusion 2015 on two Windows 10 computers. One with the latest public build and the other with the latest Insider Build. I've had zero issues with either.

Be sure you have Java installed on your Windows 10 computer. It doesn't come with it.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Not with Fusion but there are a heck of a lot of problems with windows 10. I've completely lost my network and am unable to access any of the 5 computers connected to it since a recent update. And that's been a major problem for some users since around July. I'm about to reformat and reinstall windows 7. OTOH, I have no problems running NoF in VMWare on my mac.

Hi Franko,

I don't know if it helps, but you can turn off the automatic updating in all versions of Windows 10, including the Home version. Then at least you are in control of what gets updated and when, just as in Windows 7. Go in to Settings/Network & Internet and click the Advanced options link. The second setting there is for Metered connection. If you set this to On it makes the Update process think you are connecting through a device like a mobile phone and disables automatic updating to save you connection costs. There may be some changes in the way other apps work too, but I haven't noticed anything.

Too late I've ditched windows 10 for all time. But while NoF runs ok on Mac in a virtual machine I'll stick with it. Once it doesn't, if they don't bring out a mac version (as they had many years ago) I'll switch to something else.

I will also bypass Win10, that OS is a joke (compared to Win7)
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 02-02-2016 at 05:46 AM.

And here is some news:

Automatic Windows 10 installs begin but how easy are they to stop?
    http://www.techrepublic.com/article/...tag=YHF87e0214

Read the comments from PC users

===================

Windows 95 is reborn - in a browser
    http://www.techrepublic.com/article/...tag=YHF87e0214
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

I just updated my last PC (with NOF) to W10 from W7 and so far so good. Probably because of my hd pre-cleaning before update I had to re-install NOF, everything else went fine. Even my dear old Netstudio Easy Web Graphics works I remember that I got it with NOF MX and I have used it since

I do not know is it because of the W10 or re-installing NOF, or because of both, but NOF is now much faster, very smooth.

I run Two Computers with Windows 10 and Two Laptops (Business) and I have had no major problems at all.

I run Two Computers with Windows 10 and Two Laptops (Business) and I have had no major problems at all.
    . . . yet. It was about a month before I started experiencing issues and they progressively got worse until the laptop was all but useless. That's when I returned to Win 7.

However, it does seem as though the major problems are suffered by people who have computers built for earlier versions of windows; in my case, my windows laptop was purchased in 2010 with Win 7 installed. If you have a new PC/laptop that has been built for win 10 or has the latest hardware (networking, video, etc) then you're less likely to experience issues. Until an automatic update stops things working, that is. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to buy new laptops every 2 or 3 years just because windows screws them up.