Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Local Publish WYSIWYG?

Default Is Local Publish WYSIWYG?

I'm creating a new site in Fusion 2015. On one of the pages I have nine 1-cell tables, each of which is the width of the layout region. In Page View, they look like this:
    First table
    Second table
    Third table, etc.
    The tables are not touching each other. There's a small text box between some of them and the text box isn't touching either the table above or below it.

When I do a local publish, the first 6 tables look really strange. For instance:
    The top line of text in table2 isn't in table2, but rather looks like it's in a new table between table1 and table2.
    The bottom line of text in table3 appears on top of the beginning of table4.
    The text in the text box between table5 & table6 appears to be the last line of text in table5.

The last 3 tables look fine.

Every other version of NOF I've previously used (most notably, Essentials 7.5 and NOF 11) always showed me a WYSIWYG Local Publish. Is that not the case in Fusion 2015?

Local publish is just that, the site published locally. It's not wysiwyg; it's what you actually get because it is the web site. I'd suggest you upload the locally published site to a directory on your web server so we can see exactly what the problem is. That, together with screen grab(s) of your design screen and properties will better help us trouble shoot your problem.

what is your html output set to? and what is the char set set to?

I personally set to HTML5 and UTF8

Franko: I don't understand "It's not wysiwyg; it's what you actually get because it is the web site." Seeing in my Local Publish browser window what I'm actually going to get online when I upload those Local Publish files to the server via my FTP program is my definition of wysiwyg in Local Publish. At any rate, I solved my problem by changing my Site Generation setting from HTML5 to HTML 4 with tables.

I'm having to recreate the site from scratch since the Essentials 7.5 .nod file refuses to open in Fusion 2015 no matter what I do or how much help I've received in this forum. The page I'm currently working on is the first Advertising page. This is how that page of the existing site looks: http://www.santafetradingpost.com/advertising.html and that's how my Local Publish browser page now looks since I switched my Site Generation setting to HTML 4 with tables. All of the tables and text boxes look just like I created them in Page View.

Anton: Thanks for giving me the idea of switching my html output setting. The default was HTML5 and I changed it to HTML4 with tables just as an experiment. Voila! Local Publish problem solved!!

BTW, unbeknownst to you, you've been giving me good ideas since way back in the days when these forums were accessed through email. It's a pleasure to remake your acquaintance.

Did you try HTML5 dynamic? I don't think you want to find unnecessary tables in your source code.

Yes. Same messed up Local Publish appearance as with HTML5. At this point I'm definitely not concerned about unnecessary tables in my source code. All I want to do is is see a wysiwyg Local Publish so I know everything's OK before I upload the files to the server.

Well after you publish the site comes up in the browser for you to test. Is that happening to you.

Gary

Yep. And it's coming up wysiwyg now that I changed my output setting to HTML4 with windows.

Which Browser are oyu using for local publish? This is very strange.