Thread: Not an NOF Question....

Default Not an NOF Question....

Never used the Shopping Cart function for anything serious...I have always used Zencart.
    Thing is....like NOF it's looking a bit long in the tooth and not that sure it's Responsive(!).

Anyone have any recommendations for an on-line shop package that is reasonably priced and easily tailored to a Delicatesen?
    Looked at Volusion and Shopify but not convinced.
    I am not really a serious coder...I just know enough to change Zencart PHP!

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gprit View Post
    Never used the Shopping Cart function for anything serious...I have always used Zencart.
    Thing is....like NOF it's looking a bit long in the tooth and not that sure it's Responsive(!).

Anyone have any recommendations for an on-line shop package that is reasonably priced and easily tailored to a Delicatesen?
    Looked at Volusion and Shopify but not convinced.
    I am not really a serious coder...I just know enough to change Zencart PHP!

thanks
    If you can handle Zencart, I'm sure you would find the incredibly popular Wordpress plugin 'Woocommerce' suitable for your needs.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce/
    but of course it needs Wordpress to run on.

There's even loads of free themes specially suited to it at https://wordpress.org/themes/search/woocommerce/

I used to use Miva Merchant many years ago and it was then a superior product. Not free, though, and I'm not sure what the cost is now.

I would question the fact that a shopping platform wasn't responsive as being necessary, though. An ecommerce platform has many requirements to be effective (research when I was at IBM back in the late '90s indicated that 80% of shopping carts were abandoned before the purchase was completed) and I have yet to be convinced that the simplification required to be effective on a small screen would be conducive to concluding a purchase flow. I'd certainly recommend testing a responsive shopping cart against a standard desktop one.

Most carts are server dependent (I.E. they need apache or IS, a dynamic language, and a database to hold the inventory).

Look in your hosting control panel.

This is what I currently offer and support on my Linux boxes. I offer all of these at NO cost to my customers.

Last edited by gotFusion; 02-25-2016 at 07:11 PM.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gprit View Post
    ...............Anyone have any recommendations for an on-line shop package that is reasonably priced and easily tailored to a Delicatesen?
    Good ole ... PayPal
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

thanks all - my hosting company (Heartinternet) has all the platforms I could need.....I looked at Volusion and Shopify but I don't like the idea of recurring monthly payments for clients - would rather them pay me to build(!)...plus they get personal support! Maybe I stick with what I know...