Thread: Netfusion Objects on Mac

Default Netfusion Objects on Mac

Are there any plans, to have a Mac version of NOF available in the near future again?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. If you only knew how many times that has been asked over the last ten or so years since the last Mac version was dropped back in the late '90s! I guess Macs aren't as popular throughout the world as they are in the English-speaking nations and it's just not worth Netobjects' while to divert resources, even though this would also open up the Linux world as well. But let's face it, NoF is primarily for the technically-challenged who are the ones who are more likely to be enslaved to Microsloth. Mac and Linux users are generally more able to code for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. ................... Mac and Linux users are generally more able to code for themselves.
    Ohh, my ...

Are you saying that Mac & Linux users can encode better than the NOF's programming team?
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Now now, John. You know very well that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that NoF's main market is for people who want a web site but don't have the knowledge (or time or interest) to build it with other tools that require more technical knowledge.

Yes, you can run the current version of NOF on a Mac installed with Boot Camp or Parallels. Macs work very well as Windows machines.

Quote Originally Posted by pbrenzinger View Post
    Are there any plans, to have a Mac version of NOF available in the near future again?
    Nobody knows for sure.
    What will be will be ....
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Now now, John. You know very well that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that NoF's main market is for people who want a web site but don't have the knowledge (or time or interest) to build it with other tools that require more technical knowledge.
    Fair enough.

Yes, you can run the current version of NOF on a Mac installed with Boot Camp or Parallels. Macs work very well as Windows machines.
    And that's the way I run it, only I use VMWare on my iMac. I do also run native on a windoze laptop.

To me, porting to Mac would make sense, as not only would it run on FreeBSD based machines like Macs but it would be trivial to compile for Linux and other *nix OSs.