Thread: Website in preview works great, local publish okay, upload to web results in junk

Default Website in preview works great, local publish okay, upload to web results in junk

I have a what appears to be a fully functional website that works great when in preview mode. When I locally publish it works but some of the product pictures change from the color pictures to older black and white pictures. When I attempt to publish to the web entire pages come up blank including my product pages so my customers can't even see what we have. There are also pictures on the main page that don't load. When uploading I do not get any errors and everything appears to upload. Any suggestions are appreciated. I have reviewed and then deleted everything in the local publish directory and republished it. There are numerous pictures that are not being loaded and are being "replaced" with other pictures of the same item (similar file names). All the pages appear to work correctly but not all the pictures in NetObjects are being published. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by fitting_guy; 02-25-2016 at 09:17 PM. Reason: additional information

Delete the contents of your Preview and Local Publish folders.

Go to Site View and Re-optimize.

Publish to the web.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Okay I re-optimize with some regularity. I renamed some image files and re-associated the images with where they are supposed to be. The local publish now works great. All the pages and images are there and work as intended. Whenever I publish to the web it messes things up. Some pages don't load, more than a few images don't display, the page titles that should be centered are slammed against the right margin of the text box. Thanks in advance for any help.

sounds like a FTP problem on your remote publish. Could be file corruption. Try switching passive mode on or off in your advanced FTP settings in your remote publish profile.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

When I turn off the passive mode I get 30 plus errors and the website ends up completely blank.

do a full local publish

upload contents of local publish with filezilla (free) to public_html folder (I assume you specified public_html folder in your Nof Publish settings)

it will then work 100%

You are absolutely correct. I already use filezilla and uploading a fresh local publish from my pc to the web seems to have worked perfectly!
    Thanks!

unfortunately, the Nof publish tool only works with some internet providers, whereas filezilla works with all, it auto detects server type and transfer mode and uploads accordingly

plus Local Publishing first and then uploading by ftp gives you a chance to ensure the web site is working without any glitches before you make it live.