Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cannot open NOF15

Install Fusion on the new hard drive and then copy the folders and contents from the old installation to the equivalent location on the new drive.

User Sites may be the only one you need, depending on what you've done in the past with Fusion. If that doesn't do the trick or things appear to be broken, there are other folders you may need to copy the contents of as well.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Thank you for your info, I'll try installation this weekend.

One more thing: because all of this, the names of the drives has changed. Will this cause problems with NOF to find pictures etc, as I'm not moving proper exported NOF-files?

you can rename drive letters to be the same as previous

But new hd is "C" and old "C" is now "G", that I cannot change, can I? However, right now I cannot remember if nof pictures were on old drive "D", which I probably can change back.

in your original PC, Nof User Sites were on C

so copy these back from G to C

it is a bad idea to store assets that Nof needs outside User Sites, because this makes backup a mess unless creating a template, the proper way

so, copy from:
    G:\Users\Username\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 2015\User Sites

to:
    C:\Users\Username\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 2015\User Sites

Thank you all for the info, just trying to re-install.

Unfortunately it is asking 'a previous version of NOF' Serial number, which I cannot find. From this thread I can see that I had it somewhere after the last hd-crash (version NOF12) but it seems that I have lost it since.

What to do now, how to get it?

Oh my, oh my, I found from my 3rd old backup hd serial number from year 2006 and it worked Now installing, lets hope that I can add those latest user sites to it...

OK, now it's done and almost everything looks and works fine I just copied old user sites to the new hd's user sites folder and that's it.

Only problem so far seems to be that if I have copy/paste pictures from another NOF site to another, they are not visible in that new site (only red x). I will try to study why they are missing but luckily there is only like 100 of them, so I can put them again if needed. All another pictures are fine, only these copy/paste not.

Once again, thank you very very much for your help everybody! NOW I have learned my lesson and I'll copy and secure ALL necessary information than this happens next time, I'll be ready

you don't copy & paste from one site to another

you use the picture insert tool to insert an image from a file location

But I have done like it, years already I keep two separate nof-sites open at the same time and if I need exactly same picture to both of them (for example jpg-banner), I put it to another site with picture insert tool and then I just copy/paste it the second site.

It works just fine, untill now But now I notice, that when there is a red cross in another site because of this, I just have to click that picture and in Picture Properties I click "Revert to original" and then it's visible again.