Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Convert Their Site To Mobile..? Use Mosaic or Something Other..?

Default Anyone Convert Their Site To Mobile..? Use Mosaic or Something Other..?

Hi All,

Well, after a successful upgrade to 15 feels like anything is possible..

Anyone have a nice experience converting their site to mobile..

See Mosaic is out there..

Other conversion platforms such as bMobilized or Duda Mobile....

Thanks

Mosaic is simple and easy to use.

You can get a 30 day trial and play around.

https://mosaic.netobjects.com/
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Yeah, I saw that.. nice..

I'm using Coffee Cup Responsive Foundation Framer (still in beta but very stable; should be released soon) which is based on the Foundation framework which is mobile-first; i.e. you design for mobile and then add your breakpoints as you go up in size. I also use Mobilise which is Bootstrap based. These are the two major frameworks for responsive web design today. For web sites that aren't required to be responsive I use NoF wth a prayer that a responsive version will be released some time in the next decade. Mind you, we'll probably all still be whinging because it doesn't 3D holographic output.

Franko, are you referring to MobiRise?

I looked at it while it was in beta but never tried anything with it. I keep wondering if the single-page, endlessly scrolling websites are a fad that will fade out soon.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Wow.. you really got going there..That's a lot of things probably not too many people are doing..

Ray...

You got that one.. the page never quits.. it can make you wish you never saw the site..

Ray - yes, Mobirise (darn predictive text!). Re your other point, I think it depends, as it always has, on the purpose of the web site, the content, etc. I think there is still a place for fixed-width sites where the content is best presented that way. Single page sites are great for marketing landing pages and for retail/location sites where a person is likely to search for your product/service on a smartphone. Horses for courses, as it has always been. I still prefer to surf the web on my 27" desktop but if I'm out and about, I'll use my smartphone like anybody else. it's a decision that has to be made for each individual situation. IMHO, that is.
    Last edited by franko; 10-06-2016 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    Mosaic is simple and easy to use.

You can get a 30 day trial and play around.

https://mosaic.netobjects.com/
    wow.. free Trial. I will try.

Mobirise (mobirise.com) is free for both personal and commercial use. Will fill the gap until NoF comes out with a responsive version.