Thread: NOF2015 so slow on windows 10

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default NOF2015 so slow on windows 10

Upgraded to windows 10 and from NOF12 to NOF 2015....site is only 74 pages, but navigation around it is impossibly slow. Takes minutes to switch between pages. Don't know if this is down to windows 10, or down to NOF2015. It's a brand spanking new PC by the way, so definitely not that! Have turned off autosave, downloaded most recent updates, but not made any difference.
    Any suggestions?

Almost certainly something in windows 10. I won't use it so can't point you in an appropriate direction, but NoF 2015 runs just fine for the vast majority of people on windows 7.

All my NOF sites are much more faster now with W10 than they were with W7. My biggest site is over 400 pages and it is really pleasure to work with now with W10, no crashes at all and opens everything very fast. Much better than with W7.

You said that you changed from NOF12 to NOF15. Was it so, that you had W7 and NOF12 earlier and then you exported your template, installed both W10 and NOF15 to your computer and then when you open this old NOF12 template in this new W10/NOF15 combo, it is slow?

Do you still have NOF12 in your W10 computer? If yes, how it opens this same template? Did you ever had NOF15 in your W7 computer and if yes, how it opened this exact template?

Start a new test site with your W10/NOF15 combo, make it like 100 pages wide and check how it is working. If it is working fine, there is nothing wrong with your W10/NOF15, but something wrong with that exact old NOF12 template. If you still have your NOF12 somewhere, re-export this site and see if it works better.

By the way, I exported from NOF12 5 old sites just before I upgraded to W10 and I just opened them in NOF15, they works perfectly.

And for me, upgrading to windows 10 was an absolute disaster with many programs simply not working and my network completely unusable. After a month of struggle I reformatted and reinstalled my original laptop OEM windows 7 and everything is fine again.

I suspect it depends on a variety of factors, including the hardware you're upgrading on, the old OS, whether or not you're upgrading an existing OS or doing a clean install, whether or not there are driver updates available and a myriad other factors. Thus it always was with windows, from NT 3.2 onwards . . .