Thread: Controlling Text with Tables

Default Controlling Text with Tables

When I look at my site with a PC browser the layout online matches that in the NOF layout. But when I look at the same site on an android mobile, text is overrunning and overlapping with the next block and the page is unreadable. I have an older site which I built using tables and it works fine. But working with tables is a bit of a pain - Is there an easier way to control the text and alignments?
    Sean

what is your HTML output in tools, options, current site? if set to HTML 4.01 you can experience such issues

if set to HTML 4.01 plus tables, it should be fine

HTML5 and HTML5 dynamic should also be fine

HTML 4.01+Tables does work OK - It looks the same on PC or mobile. But HTML 5 and HTML 5 Dynamic do not give me consistent output. I thought they should.

HTML 5 uses fixed positioning so probably won't. HTML 5 Dynamic is the same as the old 4.01 + Tables so should. However, mobile browsers are not the equivalent of desktop browsers and not as advanced, so you generally need to use backwardly compatible technologies. If html 4.01 + tables is working for you, stick with it. There are always compromises to be made, especially when trying to deal with such different technologies as Android, Windows, *unix/OSX, iOS, etc.

Hi there I hope have found the solution to your problem but if you haven't found anything yet then have you tried this html code to fix this issue because once it happen to my site page (https://gbapps.net/fmwhatsapp-apk-download/) and I have fix the issue with this html code.
    @Html.TXTextControl().TextControl(settings =>
    {
    settings.Dock = DockStyle.Fill;
    }).LoadText(Server.MapPath("~/App_Data/Documents/editing_tables.tx"),
    StreamType.InternalUnicodeFormat).Render()

<button onclick="InsertTable()" class="btn mt-3 btn-success">Insert Table</button>

Quote Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
    Hi there I hope have found the solution to your problem but if you haven't found anything yet then have you tried this html code to fix this issue because once it happen to my site page (https://gbapps.net/fmwhatsapp-apk-download/) and I have fix the issue with this html code.
    {

<button onclick="InsertTable()" class="btn mt-3 btn-success">Insert Table</button>
    Hi Lambert - Thanks for the input. It's so long ago, I could barely remember what the issue was! I guess I have been working around it OK with 4.x tables.
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
    {

You help lot of me by providing this info I am grateful to have this info thanks for sharing it.

Very helpful, Anton. Thanks.