Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a quick tutorial for creating a Message Form on top of an image?

Default Is there a quick tutorial for creating a Message Form on top of an image?

Is there a quick tutorial for creating a Message Form on top of an image? I have a Graphic on the top half of a page with an area where the message form needs to be placed over. I remember this was possible in NOF but forgot the exact details. Thanks

Place a Layout Region to use as your form and make your graphic the background image for the Layout Region.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

When I place the image as a background it tiles, also when I Place a Layout Region to use as your form I can't move it to the bottom right corner of the image. No real pixel by pixel placement control as NOF claims.

Also I'm using tables so perhaps this is another issue altogether that NOF can't handle?

Quote Originally Posted by jpdzahr View Post
    No real pixel by pixel placement control as NOF claims.
    You misunderstood the pixel by pixel placement which is for the placement of objects (or page elements). Placing background images is entirely different. Either make the image graphic the same size as the background of the layer or table your using, or go into the list view of the CSS Property Sheet, expand 'background' and make your settings for position, repeat, etc.

Also I'm using tables so perhaps this is another issue altogether that NOF can't handle?
    NOF can handle it, just needs some user familiarity.

You can place the image where you want and place the message over the top and then, if necessary, use Send To Back or Bring Forward. For this to work you must use html 4.01 or html 5 as your html output (Fixed layout as opposed to dynamic layout).

Thanks for the nice little snippets of information, user familiarity only comes with a good users guide ....so there really is no User Guide for NOF 15 with step by step instructions or screen grabs showing the process?

I guess these advanced features are not available in NOF....too bad I'm trying to create a landing page like this Beauty. http://theworldofcode.com/img/beauty-form.png

....so there really is no User Guide for NOF 15 with step by step instructions
    http://wiki.netobjects.com/Table_of_Contents