Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Page no long centers after adding text over images.

Default Page no long centers after adding text over images.

Page no long centers after adding text over images. Here's the link Any ideas how to get the page centered again... hand coding?

well I'm no NOF expert but your source code shows this
    body { margin:0px auto; width:2279px; }

2279px is fairly large. maybe the layout properties are wrong?

Thanks for noticing I adjusted the layout properties but still the page does not center. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance

How are you placing text over images? Are you simply placing an image and typing text over it? If so, are you using fixed html output (html 4.01 or html 5)? You should be otherwise your objects will shift.

Or are you using the text in the Picture Properties box in which case NoF creates the text as part of the image. You should experience any shift with this.

I'm using HTML 4.01 for the layout output.

1) Had to create a white background so I used the text tool drawn out for almost the entire page and colored the text background white
    2) I needed a way to create layers and text area seems the only way to add images over this text layer
    3) I needed to add the Mailchimp signup form over the image which I was able to do
    4) I also needed to place more text in specific areas on the page but the text layout would not give me those controls, so I added blank white images below the videos and added 2 text called OUR GUARANTEE and OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU which are text areas over these two white images otherwise I could not place the text in specific areas on the page. I believe this is when I lost the page centering capabilities.

I had all the text areas as images before but would have received a bad quality scoring with Google Adwords if no text is on the page so I did a redesign to change all images back to text.

Hope this makes sense. I tried HTML 5 and HTML 4.01 neither gets the page centered.
    Last edited by jpdzahr; 04-22-2016 at 02:30 AM.

Try to use a layout region with your background colour and place text and images on it. Use html 5 dynamic. Omit overlapping of objects. If you need to place text over an image, use the image as background of a text area.

These are just a few tips, I didn't look at your homepage as I am using my smartphone right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jpdzahr View Post
    Page no long centers after adding text over images. Here's the link Any ideas how to get the page centered again... hand coding?
    when using overlapping objects, use HTML5 + UTF8 char set and tick center in browser for each page

also, check the char set on each page, you often have multiple char sets, so be sure each page is set to "use site setting"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-00073.png 
Views:	211 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	2410   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-00072.png 
Views:	197 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	2411   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-00074.png 
Views:	214 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	2412  

OK Thanks Barb.... I'll give it a try next.

Thanks Anton, I'll check these 3 setting as well.

Hi Barbara, Everything you said made sense to me, so I rebuilt the landing page using your directions. However, even after redesigning with your method, I can't get the page to center. I do have an iFrame that is overlapping an image background of a text area that is on top of a layout region which is required as it's the online form to Wufoo that integrates to MailChimp. Here's the updated version LINK

Any further advice from anyone is appreciated to <center> this page. Should I manually had a css or HTML code to try to center the page?