Thread: Help please : Setting up email on my site

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Help please : Setting up email on my site

Can someone Please explain in simple terms how I set up a form on my contact page so people can email me.
    I've got my site set up with a "Contact" page, on it I have an email graphic.
    I would like to have people click the graphic to bring up a form on which they can write and send me an email. To my regular email address
    I have tried reading the help files but I just do not understand what I have to do
    Last edited by Metal Man; 04-25-2016 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Man View Post
    Can someone Please explain in simple terms how I set up a form on my contact page so people can email me.

I have tried reading the help files but I just do not understand what I have to do
    Help files within the program may be sparse, this may be better for you
    http://wiki.netobjects.com/Using_the...dler_Component

I had already looked at the wiki but cannot fathom out what to do, there's talk of forms and handlers and third party email clients, I don't think I'm that dim but plain English is what I need.
    I remember in NOF 2 many many' years ago all you had to do was link the graphic to my email address and that was it.

Linking a graphic to your email address will do two things. 1. It will (probably) launch the visitor's email client, which is something neither you nor they may want. 2. It will over time add your email address to hundreds of thousands of spammers' databases.

A form has to call a script to action the data. Three ways to do this. 1. Use the component built in to Fusion. 2. use a third-party form processing service. 3. Find a script on the net and hack it.

See if one of these suits your needs. Also contact your hosting company as many provide server-side form building services.

Any chance you can explain how to set up the component in NOF, or is there a tutorial for doing this.
    I did not know you had to set up a form, the last time I used email on a site was a long time ago and of course things were a lot different.
    What I would find easy is if you could just click on an option to add email and it's all done but I'm assuming it's a lot more complicated.

Sorry for delay, I'm not getting notified when there is an answer to my post even though I'm sure I set up email alerts.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Linking a graphic to your email address will do two things. 1. It will (probably) launch the visitor's email client, which is something neither you nor they may want. 2. It will over time add your email address to hundreds of thousands of spammers' databases.

A form has to call a script to action the data. Three ways to do this. 1. Use the component built in to Fusion. 2. use a third-party form processing service. 3. Find a script on the net and hack it.

See if one of these suits your needs. Also contact your hosting company as many provide server-side form building services.

I think the suggestions are to use a Contact Form instead of posting an email address on your site.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Man View Post
    I had already looked at the wiki but cannot fathom out what to do, there's talk of forms and handlers and third party email clients, I don't think I'm that dim but plain English is what I need.
    I remember in NOF 2 many many' years ago all you had to do was link the graphic to my email address and that was it.
    Sorry, you originally said "form", not link. I've attached a graphic for you but it is strongly recommended you take franko's advice. Once your on those spam lists there's no getting off.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-04-26_0824.png 
Views:	535 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	2416