Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NOF 2015 will not open

as can be seen by your attachment, you disallowed the creation of autosaves by setting value to 0 and setting value for size to 0

the path as marked in my attached will give the clue where they will be stored once you type a value such as 10 for the number backups and 10000MB for the max size of all backups

sort the search results by date and time (after changing view to details) and see if there are any corporate2013 backups
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-05-19_8-22-28.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	2469  

also, you need to fix windows explorer view options so that you can see file extensions (the Microsoft default settings top the cake for stupidity)

Name:	Anton-00107.png 
Views:	179 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	2470  

hi Anton,
    I have entered the values you instructed for Size 10000 and Number of AutoSaves.
    Also made the Windows Explorer file extension changes.
    I can now see there are 78 duplicated .nod and .nod.bak files in the 'Recovery Folder' all with the same date and time..29/4/2016 at 12:11pm
    I cannot explain what happened except that I had created simple Form and was uploading (testing) to the Server.
    What should be our next move..?

the real question is who set number of autosaves to 0 and size to 0?

by Nof default, 6 autosaves are created, that is the program default after installing

can you remember how long ago this was changed from 6 to 0? autosaves will only exist prior to that date

you can search C drive by typing *.nod in top right of win explorer and make sure the whole C drive is selected, then sort by date

Name:	Anton-00112.png 
Views:	162 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	2472  

hi Anton,
    I cannot explain how the default Values were for Size and AutoSaves were changed to 0...I don't play around with settings...and if I do I am careful but perhaps I made a mistake some time ago...the program was upgraded from Version 4.0, to Version 13 then 2015 and I have spent hundredss of hours over 10 years so creating the web site....but it is successful.
    I have always had the message in NOF2015 about the 'Auto Save Folder has been reset to the default location' (but didn't understand what it meant).

Now have the List of Search Results...should I click on them to test if they will work...they appear be duplicates Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Search Nod Files May 24 2016.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	467.4 KB 
ID:	2473.
    The interesting thing is why did the April 29 .nod files become 2GB files...when (you can see) they were around 57mb for 2 years, just something weird happened on April 29 when I created that Customer Form page....I noticed when I was uploading and testing there were hundred of strangely named gif files I had never seen before revolving in the upload dialogue box...

the reason you got autosave warnings all the time is that you may have opened a Nof13 site in Nof15 without opening it via the template method

meanwhile, you must not open any of the files in your attachment direct via double click

1. copy the file I marked in red (the newest one that is still 56mB) in the attached to the root of your current user site (the one that won't open)

2. then start Nof, click file at top left and click open site and choose the file you just copied to the root

does it open?

Name:	Anton-00113.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	154.0 KB 
ID:	2474  

Excitement..!! Yes, congratulations, it is Open...I have tested 2 pages and it didn't crash!!
    Thank You, Thank You!...that's 10 working days solving the case.
    I will be back tomorrow...thanks so much for getting NOF2015...how did you learn/teach yourself so much..?
    I am very relieved , thanks Anton

be sure to set the correct path now for autosave to avoid this happening again in the future

I have been using Nof since it was invented, so I do know a little bit about it

hi Anton,

Yesss! What you are explaining is correct, I did upgrade the NOF from 2013 to NOF2015, (12 months ago) but did not employ the template step.
    That probably explains why I experienced so many crash closures.
    Is there any chance I can get the file from April 29 open??
    Whilst it is great to get the March .nod to open I had completed a lot of new product page edits during April (30 day period) so I guess I will have to re-do all new pages again?..?
    For example all of our Wool Jumpers page and new Winter Jackets were changed during March..
    But Thanks a Million for resolving this issue...very impressive!
    Last edited by gazzaly; 05-25-2016 at 01:20 AM.

you can try but I think they will all fail because of the huge file increase, a clear sign of data corruption, possible caused by whatever form you tried to implement