Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NOF 2015 will not open

hi, I remembered that years ago I had a problem opening my .nod file, and the solution was to go to Assets folder inside the Net Objects Fusion 2015 folder on the C drive and then delete all of the unused photos...I have a large web site...deleting and creating new product pages all the time.. (but the jpeg photos of the old products remain in the Assets folder even when unused). I deleted a lot of unused photos yesterday but I still couldn't get the .nod file to open.
    Last edited by gazzaly; 05-06-2016 at 01:33 AM.

I also found a 'Recovery' Folder inside the NOF2015 folder...when you click inside you can see a list of files and dates that the Program has been constantly closing and backing up....you can see .nod and and also '.nod.bak' files. I clicked on the first file on the list and it actually opened up my web site, but like a Windows Restore the file opened as it appeared back in February and I have made many, new edits since Feb...so I tried to open the last file on the list but it will not Open.

Summary: As earlier explained I think my building a Forms Page has stuffed up the Program for some reason, I have deleted unused Photos,, the Program is 'working' (can open earlier dates), but will not open the file as Saved last Friday....the .nod is about 2GB, do you think that exceeds the programs capability...?..there 530 pages and hundreds of photo's, but its a great web site and sells loads of products!! This is first time I have not been able to resolve my own NOF problem

are the jpg images you use optimized and sized for web? or are you letting Nof do the sizing? If so, that could be an issue

also, when opening an autosave file, never open it from that folder

you must first copy it to the root and then open Nof and browse for that file

hi Anton, I have been trying to get the .nod top open for 7 days.
    The product photos are all Photoshop optimised and small files.
    I usually click on the NOF icon on the Desktop to start the file....I have always had a lot of trouble with the Unstable File issue, the program crashing (especially if using the Line tool) but this time the program is not 'recovering' as it normally does.
    I cleaned out the unused photo's in the Recovery Folder. I am just not sure what step to do next...
    Strangely the size of the .nod file in the Recovery folder seems to have multiplied by itself from 56,000 kb on 29 March to 2,097,000 (2GB) on 29 April...now that is odd, I cannot work it out. What does that mean?
    Summary: Like other customers: The program crashed, you start it and it goes through a recovery process, but my program is failing to 'recover'.

copy one of the recent autosave files from the autosave folder to the root and open it, see if it is ok

if not, try a slightly older one and so on until it opens

then re-optimize the site in site view

hi Anton, good tip there, I was able to open .nod from February 2016 and navigate to Re-Optimize but unfortunately the program immediately closed. The trouble with the February file is that it is months old and I have done many new pages and deletion since February..(it is too outdated to go back that far). Being unable to get the last saved file on 29/4/2016 to open must have something to do with me adding a Form Page on the same date and the program crashing at 12:11pm...it is just hard to work out why because it was a simple Form, but when I tested the Form I noticed the dialogue uploader went crazy with hundreds of strange gif file names.

I have tried hard to resolve the problem, all my Updates are correct, java, unused photo files deleted, right clicking 'Run as Administrator'.

I have Windows 7 Professional, HP Pro Desk. Everything seems good, however the NOF has crashed on me numerous times and always 'Recovered', but not this time.

Any other tips you can think of to try..? Thank You

the last autosave file before the crash should work, have you sorted them by date?

hi Anton,
    Unfortunately the Auto save files dated 12.11pm on 29/4/2016 will not open...the only file I can open is dated back in February 2016...it opens, but immediately crashes when you attempt to ReOptimize. As I mentioned my NOF has crashed on numerous occasions but always recovered....but now it will attempt to open for about 2-3 minutes, but then just fail and the window crashes.

I am hoping it will 'Open' again but the Contact Us Customer E-Mail Form I built 'must have' created the problem (but it was a simple Form with only a few fields)
    It would be easy to delete the Form Page (if I could only open the NOF Program)...quite a challenge after 10 days of attempts.
    Finally I should confirm that the .nod files you are asking me to click on are located in the Recovery Folder....am I looking in the correct folder for your 'autosave'?
    Thank You, Leigh

I am not asking you to click on any nod file

I am asking you to copy all files found in the Autosave folder to the root

You can also copy the file from the Recovery folder to the root

the root is where the normal nod sits (use win explorer)

then open Nof and choose open site, then browse for the ones you copied, starting with the newest and working your way back to older dates if they fail to open

if it opens, delete your form page right away before re-optimizing

Never double click a nod in the Autosave folder or Recovery folder

Hi Anton,
    I have tried to follow your instructions...yes, NOF 2015 Program will 'Open' and I can open earlier small template files that I was experimenting with.
    I copied the large .nod file to a new folder on C Drive, opened a earlier small template file, then used 'Open', as you suggested, but the main file I wish to open (.nod) immediately crashes the Program...it will not 'Recover' from the Unstable file (that causes it to crash consistently).
    Click on our web site, it is very successful web site...have been using since 2004 and not many problems. www.corporate.com.au
    Thank you