Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NOF 2015 will not open

I am not talking about opening templates

I am talking about copying autosave nod files (from AutoSaves folder) to the root and then open one at a time and see which works
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-00099.png 
Views:	316 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	2462  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOF Folders.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	2464

hi Anton,

Thanks for your patience.

I do not understand why but I don't have an AUTOSAVES folder in my NOF2015....can you view this attachement?

I do have a RECOVERY folder which contains.nod and .nod.bak files

Thanks Leigh

Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    I am not talking about opening templates

I am talking about copying autosave nod files (from AutoSaves folder) to the root and then open one at a time and see which works
    Last edited by gazzaly; 05-17-2016 at 05:28 AM.

ouch, have you disabled automatic updates, or is the store location of Autosaves elsewhere? please check path
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-00103.png 
Views:	289 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	2465  

hi Anton, I have to leave the office shortly...I have a web site (template) ShutterBug that I use to practice skills on, ShutterBug is still opening normally and it does have the AutoSaves folder. I will search the path and computer for the master file backup. I should be able find the location of the Corporate Profile Back Up because when the program was functioning normally, it was backing up when you closed. ...

as I mentioned there are lots of .nod.bak files in the RECOVER folder...will report back tomorrow, THANKS.

all you need to do is view the full path of the current backup location and then you will know where they all are and you will be back up and running

it could be that you opened a 2013 nod file in Nof 2015 and this will cause the issue that the backups will be made in the 2013 user sites folder instead of the 2015 folder

hi Anton ...reporting back to you...yes, I don't understand myself, but here's what I have found.
    Clicked on desktop icon to open NOF2015...program opens...you can see list of web sites you have created including the example.nod that normally you click on to open but now it does not open.
    But instead of clicking from the index list I click at the top FILE> Open Site.

I could not previously view the large number of .nod files in the Recovery folder...

But, within the first recovery folder there is another Recovery Folder, and then in that Recovery Folder another Recovery Folder...4 levels of Recovery Folders and inside the 4th folder is a file that opens the example.nod copy of my website from the day before the big crash...so it opens, I follow your instruction to reoptmise but it crashes immediately, but it does Recover once again, so its open and I have simply saved it and closed it normally.

Tomorrow I will have a go at editing a page and uploading the edits, and see what happens.

YOU WERE CORRECT, the path of files were there inside the NOF...but the only trick in one of the Recovery folders there are 20 duplicates of the example.nod file from the day it crashed at 12;11pm on April 29, my hard drive is now 99% full. Why would it duplicate itself 20 times?
    Cheers, thank You for Rising To The Challenge! Leigh
    Last edited by gazzaly; 05-18-2016 at 07:52 AM.

are you reading my replies at all?

I keep stressing not to open files from recovery or autosave folders

in any case, it is the Autosaves folder you need to restore your site. Can you provide me with the full path to the autosaves folder of your site as seen in site settings, current site....

hi Anton,
    sorry, it is a little difficult to understand without technical experience.
    I have created a 'new folder' AutoSaves. I don't understand why but that folder was missing, (see attached image).
    The path to this destination is:
    C; Users>Leigh>My Documents>Net Objects Fusion 2015>User Sites>corporate2013

Name:	Autosaves image.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	2466
    As we are both on Sydney time it would be great to hear back from you today as unfortunately I will be interstate tomorrow and unable to work on my computer...if we have some luck today I will be ready to resume work on Monday...thanks...I would be happy to pay you to come to Surry Hills and fix the problem if you are available. I have lost 2 weeks in valuable time.

what was the path to Autosaves before you changed it to the manually created folder?

also, try this:
    open windows explorer and type *.nod in the top right search bar
    this will find all nod files on the C drive including lost backups

I am available today but you need to bring your tower to my place. I do not need monitor or keyboard or mouse

hi Anton,

I have not clicked on any more .nod files.

I followed your instruction to locate the *.nod and there are 219 files on the list...(copy attached) there are approx. 108 duplicates of the corporate2013 file.

The master file we need to get open is:

C:\Users\Leigh\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 2015\User Sites\corporate2013

Sorry Anton, I don't understand how to locate the path of a AutoSaves folder...please give me steps to follow?

I always received that message when opening the NOF that the 'Auto Save Folder has been reset to the Default Location'....

the Site Settings >Current site indicates: My Web Site - backup1.nod (photo attached)

Thanks for your patience. You have to have a laugh really, its so frustrating!

Name:	2016-05-19_8-22-28.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	2468

Name:	Nod files.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	301.4 KB 
ID:	2467
    Last edited by gazzaly; 05-19-2016 at 05:19 AM.