Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NOF13 crashes with publishing

Did you install the updates after installing NoF 2013? I've always found it best to install all updates in order rather than just the latest, but that may just be my paranoia.

can you provide your template and I see if it makes my Nof13 vanish upon local publish

can you start a new site, don't add any content and do local publish? does it vanish?

I installed the (only one) update after installing NOF13.

The ZIP-file is prepared, but how shall I provide it? The maximum size of an attachment is limited to 1 MB, but my file has 15.

To the last question I'll soon come back. At the moment I'm struggling with the licence system, as I installed NOF13 on a second computer without knowing how to deactivate it on the first, so I got a message after a while, that my serial number is not valid on the laptop. I did address of course support already, but haven't got any answer yet.

can you place it on a file sharing server such as dropbox etc

there is no way to deactivate Nof other than uninstall

I have it installed on two PC with no issue (I only use it on one PC at a time), so something else must be wrong with your license

The template is here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lu19xjb49...fdfL5ItUa?dl=0
    Thanks for your help!

I had that same licence issue after installing 2013 on a clean Windows 7 install. It appears to be something new that's happening occasionally recently after installing or reinstalling 2013. I just uninstalled and then reinstalled and it hasn't happened again since. I don't use 2013 much any more so for me it's no biggie. But I don't think it's you; I think it's something with Nof's licensing server.

I tested your template, it crashes Nof13 immediately upon starting new site from your template

I then tested in Nof 2015 and it works fine

maybe it is caused by some third party scripts or CSS you added, example below
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-00087.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	2441  

Thank you very much for testing. I think it is the best to upgrade to NOF15 which either works on WIN 10 or at least will work in a VM with Win 7.

I'll post the results.

note

Maybe it is caused by a corrupt style. when I go to style view in your site and I click one of the styles that is part of your site, Nof 2013 vanishes from desktop. Try it

Thank You, Anton Strauss! Which style did you click on "book" button, table, banner? I tried it myself, but NOF13 vanishes only the moment I start publishing.

I have now
    - reverted the computer used for web design back to Win 7 and
    - installed NOF13, bought NOF15 and installed it as well.

The problem is now: NOF13 doesn't publish, but vanishes instead. In NOF15 I am not able to add new records to my database, for example
    http://joachimski.de/Brigitte/Lesete...nglisch_7.html, because the button "add new records" doesn't exist any more. I think already about designing in NOF13 and publishing in NOF15, but that doesn't look sensible .