Thread: Form Password

Banned

Default Form Password

I have a library where visitors can download books. These books are FREE. However, visitors to my site must fill out a form leaving their name and email address, then click the submit button for their book to download. Problem: If the visitor knows the file name of the book, all he has to do is imput the path URL instead of filling out the form. I would like to password protect the library directory and have the submit button automatically imput the password. This means that the visitor would not need to create a password in a password field -- clicking the submit button does this for him. Get it!.... How would I set this up? Is there a script that might make this work? Suggestions please?

You may want to use links with modified title names.
    For instance: 'Snow White and the 7 Dwarves' could appear as ....swat7d

You may also want to alter the rule(s) by which you abbreviate the titles.
    For instance: 'Snow White and the 7 Dwarves' could appear as ...s7d.

On another line of thought, why do you like to deal with lovers of free books?
    Is there not a better group of customers than freebie lovers for you to target?
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Since_v4 View Post
    You may want to use links with modified title names.
    For instance: 'Snow White and the 7 Dwarves' could appear as ....swat7d

You may also want to alter the rule(s) by which you abbreviate the titles.
    For instance: 'Snow White and the 7 Dwarves' could appear as ...s7d.

On another line of thought, why do you like to deal with lovers of free books?
    Is there not a better group of customers than freebie lovers for you to target?
    Yes, I thought of this numbering, but I would still have to change the numbering occasionally if it presents a problem--sort of like encryption by hand...I wonder if NOF could come up with something like a "download form" specifically for this purpose.

FREE BOOKs are promotional copies, but some are cut-down versions used as a "Hook" to get you to buy the full version.
    Last edited by Reacher; 05-06-2016 at 02:04 PM.