Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upload Size Limit by Hosting provider

Question Upload Size Limit by Hosting provider

i wrote a small web site for my brother-in-laws Graphics business. And it has a contact page where clients can upload 'artwork' they want to have him use.
    it works fine, he can go retrieve the artwork with and download it to his PC with FTP.
    however, the hosting provider i'm using, DotEasy.com, has a 20meg limit on file upload size.

what kind of work-around is there for this?
    i hate to change hosting providers just over this limitation.
    or, if it is necessary to change, what is a good hosting provider, in the US preferably, that allows upwards of 200meg uploads of single files?

... actually, DotEasy does have a larger limit, but i have to switch to their Cloud Based server and there is about a $50 additional charge per month.

thanks..
    eric kundl
    Last edited by electrum; 05-08-2016 at 03:47 AM. Reason: addl info

contact the provider to change the upload file size limit for his account

I changed mine to 10GB becausze I need to upload large videos

Ask technical support of your hosting provider.

ok, thanks for the suggestions...
    tech supports answer is to upgrade to their 'cloud' hosting, which costs extra.

so, this website isn't much.. its mainly for his customers to upload graphics so they don't go thru email, which also has limits.
    are there any suggestions on another hosting provider to switch to?

I've used superb.net for the last 12 years and highly recommend them. Their Gridiron Pro shared server environment is all you could need for a small number of sites.

Quote Originally Posted by electrum View Post
    ok, thanks for the suggestions...
    tech supports answer is to upgrade to their 'cloud' hosting, which costs extra.

so, this website isn't much.. its mainly for his customers to upload graphics so they don't go thru email, which also has limits.
    are there any suggestions on another hosting provider to switch to?
    You may want to consider DropBox pages.
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-...opbox-website/

If you like the simplicity of emailing large files, look at www.wetransfer.com - Free, 2GB per send, send as many as you like. No registration or account required.

Download twitter videos using online twitter video downloader tool socialdown, you can download videos in high quality from this tool, visit https://www.socialdown.com/twitter-video-downloader.php to get started

google cloud maybe help you, check the features

Download Filezilla server to your B in Law computer and have people upload files to his computer using their browser or Filezilla client. This will work if his ISP doesn't block port 21. (Hint, don't use port 21)

Nothing is free. These free storage cloud deals may be free for a while but all of them get cancelled after a year or two so you have to go hunting for another storage service almost continually.

$50 more for a cloud server sounds excessive to me. Do a search and look at other companies. By the way, all web hosting is cloud even when no body used the term "cloud" yet. VM's, containers, virtualization are all methods that still run on a computer like all stuff before it and just runs remotely from the actual user.

Cloud computing is nothing more than using a remote server that is at another location. And no matter what anybody says, remote cloud computing is much more expensive than running stuff on your own computer. Companies didn't spend hundreds of millions on data centers to make nothing and they have to pay off their huge investments. (Actually, you have to help pay off their huge investments)
    Last edited by richs; 04-14-2018 at 02:49 PM.

I am very happy to join this Community Very helpful to me you may also like this
    save photo and video from instagram