Thread: Tile Background

Default Tile Background

First, I've searched and really didn't see an answer; also, most threads were really old.

I am constructing a site for a Scottish Terrier club and want to put a Tarton design as the back ground. I think I followed instructions and it the picture does tile like it is supposed to. The problem is that it is only one row instead of the whole page. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong and would sure like someone to explain what.

Thanks,

Herschal

In Style View: Style -> Manage Styles. In Manage Styles dialog select Body then click Edit. In the Edit box select Background tab. Select Image and Repeat - Both. For Image Position select Horizontal: Centre and Vertical: Top. Your background image will be tiled both horizontally and vertically.

franko, you NEVER cease to amaze me with your help! Worked perfectly and I don't know that I would ever have found it without your help. Now, I'll try to put this to other uses too.

Thanks,

Herschal

First thing I do when I create a site is go into Manage Styles and set all the styles for the site. I never (or very rarely) use inline styling at all. Once the styles are set, if you want a one-off variation you can easily create a custom pseudo style. For example, I've often created a pseudo style to handle formatting for footer links that are completely different from my main navigation.