Thread: .htaccess isn't recognized by Chrome on Android devices

Banned

Default .htaccess isn't recognized by Chrome on Android devices

The login window isn't recognized by Chrome browser, only on Android devices. Firefox and Opera and others are okay on Android. Has anyone had this problem? Can it be solved by tweaking the html. Or is it specific to the way NOF writes the html that causes this to happen.

Here's the link to test: [URL="http://senseofadeity.com/Books/GetBook/GotCha/gotcha.html"]

You have to go through the "Login info" carousel to get to the link page "click to get book". If the pop-up login window shows, then it is working. My IP host says he got it working, but I don't believe him!

Any Suggestions on how to get this working? Chrome is on millions of Android devices, and it my be that I might have to go another route, which I'd rather not do -- .htaccess if perfect for this situation.

Fusion doesn't write an .htaccess file. That's some thing you have to edit manually and isn't read by the browser but by the web server. What you are using for login is a javascript script and not .htaccess and I've found in the past that mobile OSs are flakey in supporting some js modules and classes. You may have to find another login app that has been developed to support all mobile OSs.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Fusion doesn't write an .htaccess file. That's some thing you have to edit manually and isn't read by the browser but by the web server.

...snip...

You may have to find another login app that has been developed to support all mobile OSs.
    Video tutorial;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk1ue1tolFc

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Fusion doesn't write an .htaccess file. That's some thing you have to edit manually and isn't read by the browser but by the web server. What you are using for login is a javascript script and not .htaccess and I've found in the past that mobile OSs are flakey in supporting some js modules and classes. You may have to find another login app that has been developed to support all mobile OSs.
    That's kind of what I thought, but hoping someone might have a workaround.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    That's kind of what I thought, but hoping someone might have a workaround.
    This appears not to be an NOF problem. However, someone might find this post useful.

I have played with this and found that Chrome browser on Android devices does, in fact, recognize the .htaccess login. It will download .html, .doc, .docx, .txt files and maybe others, but will not download and open a .pdf file from the htaccess protected folder. This may require a plug in or something for the Chrome browser. Or, like what was suggested, to find another folder-protect-app that is compatible with Chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    This appears not to be an NOF problem. However, someone might find this post useful.

I have played with this and found that Chrome browser on Android devices does, in fact, recognize the .htaccess login. It will download GBWhatsApp .html, .doc, .docx, .txt files and maybe others, but will not download and open a .pdf file from the htaccess protected folder. This may require a plug in or something for the Chrome browser. Or, like what was suggested, to find another folder-protect-app that is compatible with Chrome.
    There needs to be something to check if they are on a mobile phone or not which I have some JavaScript set up already for altering CSS but if they try to leave it will redirect back.