Thread: Image Quality in Carousel

Default Image Quality in Carousel

I have added a carousel to my webpage to display screenshots of a program that we sell. The images are JPG files and they look fine in design mode. When the page is previewed or published, the quality of the images is so poor that you cannot read the text on the screen in many cases. What do I need to do to preserve the image quality when using the carousel?

Can it be that images on the carousel has a smaller size ?

Use photoshop or another image program to size your pictures to the appropriate size for the carousel. Optimise them to a resolution that is clear on the screen at 72dpi (most screens have a higher resolution than this but it's what PS defaults to and is a safe reso for screen display). Then save them as jpegs to your site Assets folder before placing them into the carousel.

Thanks Franko,

It turns out that the carousel does not do scaling very well. I recaptured the images and cropped them to the same size (in pixels) as the carousel display area. This maintained the quality I required, but I had to reduce the amount of data I was able to display on each screen.

Try turning off auto-generated image optimization in Application Settings. For all three image types.

You'll probably have better results.

Resizing images before you insert them into Fusion is always a good idea. Saves a lot of space in your site file.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums