Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why can't I paste code in the HTML.

I have now (after trying another dozen time) managed to insert the code, (I was already doing as in the tutorial but it just wouldn't paste the code in) Trouble now it is saying the site key is wrong so I'll have to go back to Google.
    Google Re-captcha site said my site key was out of date probably because I couldn't use it.
    I got a new key, but after inserting it I find there are now two site keys, it still says the site key is invalid.

So I Still have the problem trying to add or delete code from the form HTML or the page HTML
    When I go to ANY HTML code on my site it is all Greyed out and I still cannot insert or delete any of the text, I thought it was like using a text editor once you had opened it. pic added. This has been the biggest part of my problem, that I cannot edit my HTML
    Attachment 2485
    Last edited by Metal Man; 06-15-2016 at 09:20 PM. Reason: more info
    If you help me I'm Greatful.
    If I help you I'm Pleased

aHHH, SO I have been digging around in the old forum questions and I find you cannot edit HTML code in NOF (pity someone hadn't told me that)
    Can anyone recommend an HTML editor that I can use to edit the code within NOF and how do I import the NOF code into it.

Anton already told you how to insert code. Place your cursor where you want your code inserted, press Ctril-T, paste your code into the box, hit OK. Alternatively you can use the html button in the masterborder or layout properties boxes.

As for a good text editor. I use Brackets on my mac. If I'm forced to work on a windows machine, I've found TextPad is a good cheap text editor with plenty of programmer extensions. Coffee Cup html editor is very good, although not cheap. And of course, Notepad is free.

watch these two videos
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/NOF15/captcha1.mp4
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/NOF15/captcha2.mp4 (the textbox position will determine the captcha will show)

There is obviously an understanding barrier (Perhaps I'm really Dim) The last Question was how do I get the NOF HTML code I want to edit into the HTML editor and then back into NOF where it was originally situated.
    I think your being a Super Clever Computer Guy, you tend to answer as if the other person is as clever as you, which obviously is not the case.

Nof is a HTML generator not an editor

so when you go to HTML view, there is very little you can edit

as a result, I never go there in the first place and add the code by the correct means, nearly every object on the page has its own HTML button where code can be added and edited

did you watch my videos?

I've got how to add the code now, (I have watched your video's)but when I look at the code there is code that should not be there anymore and I want to take it out, "I'm talking about the code for the form which now has two references to google re-captcha and some other code that seems to be nothing to do with the form" the only other way to clear any unwanted code is to delete the form and start again, but to be honest I don't remember all the steps I took to get it working.

Also The Captcha box is there and in NOF the box and the Blue circle is there but hovering my mouse over it does not give me the pointy finger, so I cannot open the box to re-edit the code or add any other to it, and pressing Ctrl & T also does not open the inset HTML box.

Attachment 2486
    Last edited by Metal Man; 06-16-2016 at 07:19 AM. Reason: more information

when you put mouse pointer in the blue T it should turn into a hand

also, make sure the type cursor is flashing in the box

That's what I'm saying it does not turn into a hand.

can you confirm that you double click inside textbox for flashing cursor, then click the blue icon, see attached
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/N...nton-00041.mp4

Ctrl+T will also work once the cursor flashes

you can also double click the blue icon if you have a steady mouse
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 06-16-2016 at 11:32 AM.