Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moblie fit

Default Moblie fit

Can somebody tell me how to make a webpage also fit on a moblie
    Alex.

yes, you need to use a software called Wordpress

Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    yes, you need to use a software called Wordpress

NoF isn't responsive and isn't likely to be for some time although they are certainly working on a solution. As Anton said, you can use wordpress which has many responsive templates, or you can create a mobile site at 360px wide and run a diversion script which reads the viewport size of the visiting browser and diverts the visitor to the appropriate version of the site. Twice as much work, though, and Google doesn't like it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexSyrik View Post
    Can somebody tell me how to make a webpage also fit on a moblie
    Alex.
    If you're staying with NOF, make two sites at different widths. Your mobile site will probably have a max width of 320px.

You cab either have a link at both sites (one says, 'use mobile version' the other says 'use full version')
    or use a simple java script to detect a mobile device (search google, easy to find) to automatically send the user to 320px site.

320px is just plain crazy

I remember celebrating when we fianlly moved away from 640x480 screens and now we returned to half the size, I say stuff it

Different courses for different horses. Fact is, more people are now accessing the web via a mobile device than on a traditional PC. If you're not interested in those people as customers, fine. For example, if you're running a corporate extranet or intranet then you can afford to set the specifications you want. However, if you are, for example, in a retail business, then missing out on 60%+ of your market is just plain crazy.
    Last edited by franko; 06-25-2016 at 09:26 PM.

what I mean by "stuff it" is that I would not attempt to do this with the current version of Nof

and google does not like it if you have two versions of the same site, that is why I mentioned Wordpress earlier as an alternative until Nof can do the same

example: this site was started in Nof13 and is now converted by Wordpress www.petinsuranceaustralia.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    and google does not like it if you have two versions of the same site,
    Google is fine with it if you're using mobile detection with proper hta tags. They know full well that two versions are a must content must be sensitive to screen sizes and bandwidth. Nothing against Wordpress but Google has no such preference that this is a must. Proper content for the respective device is what's paramount.
    Last edited by Beach Ape; 06-25-2016 at 04:01 PM.

I think I followed the advice here and have a website that's 360px wide. However, when I try to look at it on an iPhone 5s, it's very small. How do I get it to fill the screen?

Thanks,

Herschal