Thread: Creating a database site in Net Objects Fusion...

Default Creating a database site in Net Objects Fusion...

I have volunteered (bad idea?) to help with getting a small online bookshop updated/overhauled, so I need to know a few basics about setting up a simple PHP database site using NOF:

The pdf mentions starting out by creating an ODBC data source on my PC; I thought that would be easy, but there are different options and I'm not clear about which to use. I have been helpfully provided with an mdb file, which I also have in txt format. It was not created in Access - will this be an issue?

Beyond that, I'm completely stuck. I know I need to use a Connector on each page, but I don't know what to set in its properties and the pdf is - as usual - as clear as mud. It helpfully states that you don't need a knowledge of PHP, but then fails to explain any of NOF's own terminology and what I need to do with each object. If I can just work out what each object actually achieves, why I should use it, how to use it and where... well, I'll be sorted then!

I hope someone can help in some way; you'll have my eternal thanks!

Something with as many entries as a bookstore should be done with dedicated software that is already coded for that purpose.

Google php/mysql bookstore software. There are a lot of free ones out there. This will save you months of hand coding

https://www.google.com/search?q=php+...utf-8&oe=utf-8

It would be best to set this up on your web hosting account.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz