Thread: Links

Default Links

I have tried to set up links. I have placed the anchors where i want to link to but when i go to the links page there are no anchor names there. For the anchor i make a small text box and place it there. I have done this in the past and it always worked. What is wrong now?

Quote Originally Posted by isom1934 View Post
    I have tried to set up links. I have placed the anchors where i want to link to but when i go to the links page there are no anchor names there. For the anchor i make a small text box and place it there. I have done this in the past and it always worked. What is wrong now?
    Creating and linking to anchors is a 2 step process

Create the Anchor

Select where within a text box you wish the anchor to be located. From the menu select Object > Anchor. Give it a name and click OK. This will place the anchor point on the page. It will be designated by a small red circle with an upside down T. To edit the anchor hover over the red icon until your pointer turns to a hand and click. The anchor dialog box will open and you can edit the anchor name or remove the anchor from the page

Link to the Anchor

From another page (or different location on the same page) highlight the text or object you wish to use as the link trigger and press the Link button on the properties palette. Select the page that has the anchor from the list on the left then select the anchor on the right and press the Link button
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	linkToAnchor..gif 
Views:	321 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	352   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	createAnchor..gif 
Views:	310 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	353  
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Aha ! But is it possible to set up an anchor name with spaces in it ? The system appears to ignore an attempt to type a space or even an underscore in an anchor's Name field. For example you might want (and I do) to set up an anchor name that is a person's name. You can set the anchor name to Fred.Bloggs or Fred-Bloggs but not Fred Bloggs or even Fred_Bloggs. Is there a way around this ? e.g. Can you give an anchor a tag that appears in place of the anchor name ?