Thread: Centering text in Master Border bottom margin

Default Centering text in Master Border bottom margin

Hi there - a little assistance if I may ask.

I have successfully centred pages in the browser - fairly straightforward (using the per page setting tick box) and all images and text are suitably placed in the browser centre when I locally publish - with the exception however of the text and images in the bottom margin of the Master Border. I don't understand why everything in the top margin centres, but nothing in the bottom margin? Is there a setting that does that, or is it buried deep in the coding?

Many thanks

URL? Always helps, as does a little detail. For example, does your bottom masterborder has a layout region or text box and if so, what are the settings for the layout region and/or text box?

it could also be that you accidentally enabled autoframes for the bottom masterborder

Many thanks and apologies for the scarcity of information.

The URL is www.yorkguildhallorchestra.com I haven't used frames (and autoframes are not activated as far as I can tell), but have a border top and bottom. In respect of the Home Page, the top border contents are centred, but the bottom border contents are not. The bottom border images are in a layout region, apart from the text underneath - I was trying different solutions to see if I could crack the problem. on other pages, despite my sizing the bottom border much smaller, when published, it is showing a large coloured band with a white space underneath. Don't quite understand that one either.

your site is using the wrong char set for HTML5
    <meta charset="ISO-8859-1"/>

it needs to be UTF8
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/Nof13/UTF8.png

also, line 37 of your code has a left center indication, maybe you are using a pre-made template with such a fault?
    .nof-centerContent { margin:0px auto; text-align: left; width:1201px }
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 07-26-2016 at 11:09 AM.

Many thanks.

The settings (Tools/Options/Current Site) all show that the character settings are UTF8 as shown in your clip. I can't get to the settings of the Template as they are all greyed out (not sure how to unlock it), but you are right - it does show the Character set as being ISO-8859-1. This is an NOF template - I simply don't have the skill to do all this from scratch. I can't seem to be able to find the line 37 with that specific text to which you refer - could you help me locate what you were looking at?

you can right click the layout label and change the character set to use site settings (you may need to check every page)
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/Nof13/char-set.mp4

Apologies for the delayed response. Many thanks antonsvideo and franko. I have changed the character set as described above and made it default for all pages. I am sure it's me being thick - but I am really struggling to see a way of getting the text and pictures in the bottom margin centred to the page - everything else on every page is centred - except the bottom margin. On most pages I have used a Layout region that contains all the text boxes and images; on two pages (Privacy and T&Cs) I have tried a bottom frame that contains text boxes.

On the pages with a layout region, none of them are centred and I have a large white area at the very bottom of the page (I am assuming this is related to the size of the bottom margin on the home page but I can't work out why). On the two pages with bottom frame, everything centres perfectly - but it is always visible, which is not what I want.

Basically, I am wanting a coloured band across the bottom of each page and with the text and images all centred - all the pages are to be the same (with the exception of the Home page) and each bottom coloured band only to be visible by scrolling down to it. I'm sure there must be a way of doing this, but it's defeating me at the moment. Many thanks for any expert advice. The URL is www.yorkguildhallorchestra.com