Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOF 11, 12, 2015 with Windows 10

Default NOF 11, 12, 2015 with Windows 10

OK, maybe the horse has left the barn already.

I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday, and am only now wondering about compatibility with my various versions of NOF. I have NOF 11, 12, 2013 and 2015 installed. NOF 11 stopped working before the upgrade, and I never got around to re-installing.

Does anyone have experience running any of the aforementioned versions under Win 10?
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

I currently have Fusion 2013 and 2015 on a Windows 10 box and both work fine. Computer was upgraded from Win 7.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Oh Ray, what have you done? After all the posts on here about the myriad failings of windows 10, including the fact that none of the NoF versions you've mentioned have been created for win 10 (which wasn't out when they were developed), you still went ahead and upgraded.

I have experience running all those versions on windows 10, which is why I reformatted my laptop and reinstalled windows 7. The laptop has since died and gone to the great electronics dump in the sky, but I'm now happily running 2015 on windows 7 in VMWare on an iMac.

Well, I do have a complete clone of my system drive in case everything goes pear shaped. At least this establishes my license for Win 10 going forward, even if I revert to Win 7.

Ultimately, Win 10 is going to be the future whether we like it or not. So far, I'm finding it just a little insidious. ;-)
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

I have used NOF12 and 15 with W10, over 20 different sites, many of them upgraded from MX times, and they all works perfectly. I do not use NOF12 anymore, I updated all sites to NOF15 and they all works fine, not a single problem.

W10 is absolutely the best Windows I have ever used and most of all, it's getting better day after day.

For me, I've abandoned windoze completely. I do run NoF 2015 in a virtual machine on my mac without any problem, but it it becomes a problem, guess which will go - Netobjects or the Mac?

Quote Originally Posted by RayC View Post
    Well, I do have a complete clone of my system drive in case everything goes pear shaped. At least this establishes my license for Win 10 going forward, even if I revert to Win 7.

Ultimately, Win 10 is going to be the future whether we like it or not. So far, I'm finding it just a little insidious. ;-)
    I did install Win10 on my office PC for a few days and then wiped my C drive with a Win7 image I had created earlier because the most important software, Reckon Accounts Plus 2016 failed with constant unrecoverable errors

Nof13 and 15 worked under Win10 for the bit of testing I did
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-00204_inline.png 
Views:	303 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	2540  

bought a new laptop with w10 installed
    never a windows fan (or basher) but am VERY happy with w10
    as was new device - used the opportunity to finally buy v15 (from v13)
    other than some REAL issues with menus (my screen res = 3200x1800)
    I found the Magnify APP CRAZY good at times
    I just using the basics on v15 - no NEW issues
    (just the same old complaints)

Forced to upgrade laptop to Windows 10. NOF 11 running fine until you click outside of any area and application hangs, having to force it to close via Task Manager. From then on, with unstable file, even though recovery successful, NOF 11 blows up when you try to change from design mode to site mode. No errors or warnings. Application just closes. Tried running as Administrator, reinstalling, etc. Nothing works. Had to convert over to NOF 2015 but lot of work for a lot of websites being maintained. If site does not blow up, no problems. Anyone else have the same problem?

can you confirm that you installed java 32bit which is needed by Nof