Thread: Problem publishing to web hosting, but OK publishing locally

Default Problem publishing to web hosting, but OK publishing locally

I am experiencing a problem publishing to our web host, GoDaddy. I have tried publishing the current page only, with "Publish Changed Assets" checked and not. I have also tried publishing the entire site. The message windows indicate generating pages, contacting the FTP server, and File Transfer Complete -- though it does show "(Not Responding)" and spins a while at the FTP server stage. I am able to publish locally.

Any suggestions on what I should look at changing?

Thank you.

Has it worked before? Never worked? New host?

Can you connect using a stand alone FTP program like FileZilla?

If you can't connect using anything you need to contact your host, get the FTP details, and ask them to help you out.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

It has worked before with same host. I'm not familiar with FileZilla, but will check it out. Would I publish locally and then use FileZilla?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike860 View Post
    It has worked before with same host. I'm not familiar with FileZilla, but will check it out. Would I publish locally and then use FileZilla?
    You could do that.

My suggestion was to see if you can make any kind of FTP connection to your host.

If nothing connects, you need to contact them for help.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Just experiencing same issue. Have clarification from Godaddy that you have to publish to public_html directory which I did the original time. Now I am updating/publishing again to the website. Know I am connecting and transferring but get the error "the fileC:\Users\embel\Documents\NObjF2013\UserSites\o sageranch10262016\styles\Oak-Rust\nof.jcarousel_skin.css could not be opened.Pls ck that the file exists as named" I have never had this issue. It is as if it cannot find my website which had no problem publishing the first time. I have never had to use another FTP to publish to godaddy and don't want to have to start because the utility is handy build into NOF. Did you get your problem solved? Anyone know how to solve mine?