Thread: New problem .....

Default New problem .....

I have the beginnings of a website started with a background image that fades out to white so far down after a period of time. I have it set to no repeat. On the third page I have an incredable amount of text going straight down of course. When the text starts to go into the area where the background begins to fade into white and onward, I notice white appears at the very top of the page and continues down into the page for however far I have remaining text,

If I remove text to a point just before I get to the fading out into white then of course the white disappears at the top. Why is this happening? Never in all my website building where I have had large amounts of text on a page with a background image that only goes so far down have I had this issue. If my text eventually goes onto the white background because the graphic only goes so far, that is not a problem, but I certainly do not want to see white start to appear up on top and work its way down to whatever point. I hope somebody has an answer to this.

BTW I have a Master Border Area for a logo only and nothing else. But when the white part of the background starts to show and the text still goes on that is where the white starts at the top in the Master Boarder area and works it way down into the layout region.

UPDATE
    I guess I fixed the problem by checking the box "Fix Background Position" Now only the text scrolls up and down as the background stays in one place so I do not have any white appearing at the top now> However I still have to ask the question was this a different kind of fix? I still do not believe that adding more text to an area on the page where the background starts to fade out should cause white to start up at the top of the page and work its way down?

If anybody has any comments on this by all means please make them.

UPDATE Again.
    In my haste to post my last update I did not realize until now that while the background does not move everything else does including the logo in the master boarder. I do not want the Logo to move just the text and things in the layout region. So maybe not the fix I was hoping for.
    Last edited by Larry5000; 08-13-2016 at 10:56 PM.

Is the background of you layout region set to white perchance? You can try using a transparent png or gif as the background image of your layout region, not the site. A layout region background overlays the site background.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Is the background of you layout region set to white perchance? You can try using a transparent png or gif as the background image of your layout region, not the site. A layout region background overlays the site background.
    My layout region properties for the background has in the color area Transparent although on the right it is showing the color of white. And the line down for background shows the image used as the background for the entire site. Not sure what type of transparent PNG or gif you are talking about. I guess my over all curiousity has me wondering if what I have been expercing is normal? I do not think that it was and again do not recall it ever happening before in other websites. Could you please if need be go into more depth on your statements?

A layout region background will take precedence over the site background set in Style View.So if you have your background image and in your site Layout Area you place a layout region and set a background of, say, white then you will have a white background over your site background. Same goes for text boxes, shapes, etc.

You can set the behaviour of your site background in the Manage Styles dialogues box such as whether or not it is fixed to the top of the site, repeats horizontally or vertically, etc.

I always design my sites in photoshop and then set all the site parameters in the Manage Styles dialog (can be accessed from either Style View or Design View).

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    A layout region background will take precedence over the site background set in Style View.So if you have your background image and in your site Layout Area you place a layout region and set a background of, say, white then you will have a white background over your site background. Same goes for text boxes, shapes, etc.

You can set the behaviour of your site background in the Manage Styles dialogues box such as whether or not it is fixed to the top of the site, repeats horizontally or vertically, etc.

I always design my sites in photoshop and then set all the site parameters in the Manage Styles dialog (can be accessed from either Style View or Design View).
    Thank you so much.