Thread: Run Windows on MAC

Default Run Windows on MAC

CodeWeaver software makes the following clames. Has anyone tried this???

https://www.codeweavers.com

El Capitan compatible CrossOver Mac 15 is the easiest way to run Microsoft Windows software on your Mac without buying a Windows license, rebooting or using a virtual machine. CrossOver Mac makes it easy to launch Windows programs natively from the dock, and integrates Mac OS functionality like cross-platform copy & paste and shared file systems to your Windows applications.

CrossOver Mac runs Windows productivity software, utility programs, and games all in one application. And without the overhead of a virtual machine, programs and games can run as fast or faster than they would under a Windows operating system.

I haven't tried it but wow! it looks interesting! I run both windows 7 and XP in a virtual machine on my mac but the overhead is high. XP because I still have some 8bit programs I want to run and XP was the last windows version that would run 8bit. Will have to download and try it.

I downloaded, installed and tried to install NoF 2015 but without success. However, the compatibility database tells me coffee cup html editor works well so I'll install again and try that. If that works ok it'll make it worth while paying for crossover.

Having now tested a few apps on Cross Over I've come to the conclusion that most of the stuff I want to run I can't, and most of the stuff that is compatible and runs well has Mac versions anyway. I'll probably continue to use it because it's cheap enough but it doesn't replace a virtual machine.