Thread: Run everything on UNIX

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Run everything on UNIX

ReactOS Is a Promising Open Source Windows Replacement
    http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/83578.html

Read about ReactOS at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReactOS

https://www.reactos.org/

Wow, it's coming, slowly, by leaps and bounds, .......
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Hhhmmm, I wonder what the group of programmers and expert NOFers say about Windoz replacements ...
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Quote Originally Posted by Since_v4 View Post
    Hhhmmm, I wonder what the group of programmers and expert NOFers say about Windoz replacements ...

Mostly .....meh.....
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    Mostly .....meh.....
    OK, that's 1 (one) opinion, and it's coming from USA.

Next please.

I've tried Cross Over and while coffee cup html editor works just fine with it, Fusion won't install at all. That means the only way of running windows programs other than a port of an application for the OS you're running is a Virtual Machine. I run NoF15 on my Mac in VMWare without too many problems. There are inconveniences such as having to mount devices such as CD drives, etc individually. I can't see a unix port of NoF any time soon; they haven't even managed to make Fusion responsive in the last 3 years and I'm sure they've been working on it, so it isn't easy. Porting a program that's written for a fat sleepy OS like windows to a greyhound-like OS such as unix is infinitely more labour intensive. Even the old Mac version of Fusion wouldn't be a starting point (assuming the current owners took delivery of it) as it was written for 68k processors.

there used to be a MAC version of Fusion in the way back years. Fusion 3 was the last MAC Fusion available.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    I've tried Cross Over and while coffee cup html editor works just fine with it, Fusion won't install at all. That means the only way of running windows programs other than a port of an application for the OS you're running is a Virtual Machine. I run NoF15 on my Mac in VMWare without too many problems. There are inconveniences such as having to mount devices such as CD drives, etc individually. I can't see a unix port of NoF any time soon; they haven't even managed to make Fusion responsive in the last 3 years and I'm sure they've been working on it, so it isn't easy. Porting a program that's written for a fat sleepy OS like windows to a greyhound-like OS such as unix is infinitely more labour intensive. Even the old Mac version of Fusion wouldn't be a starting point (assuming the current owners took delivery of it) as it was written for 68k processors.
    Wow, Franko ...

If I knew everything you know about PCs, I would be a billionaire by now ...
    I know that there are guys out there who always come up with something new, and I just marvel at technology advances.

I heard India is preparing their own OS, China the same and Russians the same.
    What a can of worms Bill Gates opened!

I am buying computers from USA on order with Windows 7 Ultimate which will last me until Feb. 2020, when Microsoft announced it would cease it. I hope by then something innovative to counterbalance the power of Windows OS will show up.
    Hot minds are working on it somewhere around the globe.

I can only marvel ....

Default Run everything on UNIX

What version of Everything you are trying to run as non-admin?

Turn off UAC -> run Everything but nothing happen.