Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Run everything on UNIX

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    I have been using Red Hat for over a decade but on a working server, not at home.
    Oh my, why not at home?
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Quote Originally Posted by Since_v4 View Post
    Oh my, why not at home?

I have a substantial home network made up of multiple computers, NAS and USB backups and a dedicated backup and media server all running windows. I just don't need the extra work, integrating a single linux into this mix.

It is not that I don't want to.... I just don't have the free time to do it...
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    I have a substantial home network made up of multiple computers, NAS and USB backups and a dedicated backup and media server all running windows. I just don't need the extra work, integrating a single linux into this mix.

It is not that I don't want to.... I just don't have the free time to do it...
    Hi Mike,

Thank you for caring to explain.
    I wish I were in the middle of your multiple computers ...
    I have respect for all PC users who are better at using the machine than me, and expecially for programmers who can do more than the little I do.

Sometimes I sit and wonder how simple programming can bring me so much success, but after all, all great things are simple ...
    Some other times I feel ashamed to see my basic WYSIWYG designs with NOF working so well too ...

As for the guys at ReactOS, I am very curious what will come out of it. They do not seem to have the cash needed for all the work and need to resort to crowdfunding.

I believe the OS's enemies (or competitors) to Windoz will continue to evolve a lot in the next 10-15 years. Can't wait to see what's new ...
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Default Run everything on UNIX

What version of Everything you are trying to run as non-admin?

Turn off UAC -> run Everything but nothing happen.