Thread: Creating a database site in Net Objects Fusion...

Default Creating a database site in Net Objects Fusion...

I have volunteered (bad idea?) to help with getting a small online bookshop updated/overhauled, so I need to know a few basics about setting up a simple PHP database site using NOF:

The pdf mentions starting out by creating an ODBC data source on my PC; I thought that would be easy, but there are different options and I'm not clear about which to use. I have been helpfully provided with an mdb file, which I also have in txt format. It was not created in Access - will this be an issue?

Beyond that, I'm completely stuck. I know I need to use a Connector on each page, but I don't know what to set in its properties and the pdf is - as usual - as clear as mud. It helpfully states that you don't need a knowledge of PHP, but then fails to explain any of NOF's own terminology and what I need to do with each object. If I can just work out what each object actually achieves, why I should use it, how to use it and where... well, I'll be sorted then!

I hope someone can help in some way; you'll have my eternal thanks!

Something with as many entries as a bookstore should be done with dedicated software that is already coded for that purpose.

Google php/mysql bookstore software. There are a lot of free ones out there. This will save you months of hand coding

It would be best to set this up on your web hosting account.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: