Thread: Just got new computer, transferred NOF12 using PC Mover... Now won't open

Default Just got new computer, transferred NOF12 using PC Mover... Now won't open

Hello to all, Here's my problem:

I migrated from a HP laptop (Windows 10 which I used the upgrade from 8.1 for) to an HP laptop with Windows 10 already installed. Using PC Mover and their telephone support group, I finally got all my files moved over to the new laptop.

Now, when I click the NOF12 icon in my start page, nothing happens (won't open). If I do a Control / alt / delete and go to the task manager, I see NOF12 must be running as it is taking up resources. Any ideas? I am running Java version 8, update 45. If I need to go to a previous version of Java, please let me know how as I pretty much am a dummy with this stuff.

Any feedback the group can share would be greatly appreciated.

Try reinstalling over top of your current install (run the installer again and put it in the same place)
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    Try reinstalling over top of your current install (run the installer again and put it in the same place)
    Thanks. As I mentioned, I am somewhat of a dummy here. How do I reinstall it? I don't have the original disks any more, and if I reinstall (if I read that right, deleting the original and replacing it with the reinstall; will I lose my web sites I have already developed?

I did notice my Java appeared to be 1.4 BTW?

Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by DmgGuy View Post
    Hello to all, Here's my problem:

I migrated from a HP laptop (Windows 10 which I used the upgrade from 8.1 for) to an HP laptop with Windows 10 already installed. Using PC Mover and their telephone support group, I finally got all my files moved over to the new laptop.

Now, when I click the NOF12 icon in my start page, nothing happens (won't open). If I do a Control / alt / delete and go to the task manager, I see NOF12 must be running as it is taking up resources. Any ideas? I am running Java version 8, update 45. If I need to go to a previous version of Java, please let me know how as I pretty much am a dummy with this stuff.

Any feedback the group can share would be greatly appreciated.
    OK, OK, now I did it. I removed NOF12 (having the product key written down), but now I can't find a place to re-download the product. Help with that would sure be appreciated. There appears to be a product upgrade # 1 thru 4. I tried them all, but it crashes saying I need NOF12 first. Help?

Unless somebody has a v12 installer which they're willing to give you (I only have the v12 upgrade archived now) you may be better of buying the 2015 upgrade. If you have your v12 serial number that's all that's required to install an upgrade version of 2015. You'll get a much better program which published html 5 and UTF-8 by default (the current web standards) and gives you quite a lot of added functionality as well.