Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Layout color changes

I am setting the format foundation shading however when I distribute it the distribute returns with a white flat strip over the main, a dull strip beneath it, a blue strip underneath it, and whatever remains of the page is white.

Quote Originally Posted by hathaway View Post
    I dont know if its supported or not....

I can get all the support from any parts supplier on a 1963 Ford Falcon.....and can buy about any part 800 numbers, real people answer, etc.. You see the ones selling the parts want to help you and give you good service. Something other companies do not feel the same way about.

Give your local Ford dealer parts dpt a call about parts for your 63 and see if you can get free warranty replacement (or even get parts from them at any price).

You can get aftermarket parts for old products just like you can get aftermarket support for old software.

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldStarkey View Post
    I am setting the format foundation shading however when I distribute it the distribute returns with a white flat strip over the main, a dull strip beneath it, a blue strip underneath it, and whatever remains of the page is white.

Can you create a test profile and post a URL of the problem so it can be seen

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4071
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Just a thought because I haven't seen it mentioned. What are your html output settings? If html 5 dynamic, or html 4.01 with tables do any of your objects in design view have a little red exclamation mark at their top left corner?

How about a URL to look at?

This could also be the result of pasting in formatted content from Word.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

No sir. No Sir No sir

I always type in my own text boxes. www.asrpa.com Main page and For Sale page.

Almost certainly here's your problem:

<META CONTENT="Word.Document" NAME="ProgId">
    <META CONTENT="Microsoft Word 14" NAME="Generator">
    <META CONTENT="Microsoft Word 14" NAME="Originator">

Never, never, never paste formatted copy from Word (or any other word processing program). Only ever paste plain text or make sure the option for pasting unformatted text is selected in NoF.

IMHO your only solution is to rebuild your pages using the same assets and either typing in the copy directly in NoF or copy and pasting plain text into it.

Also modern browsers expect html 5 and UTF-8 charset. You're using html 4.01 transitional which was normal for v12, but v12 is now very old. It may be that your pages would look ok in old browsers (circa IE8) which were in circulation at the time NoF 12 was published. I'd recommend upgrading to 2015 which by default publishes html 5 and UTF-8.
    Last edited by franko; 09-16-2016 at 11:06 PM.