Thread: Changing sites name

Default Changing sites name

Ok. Here's a dumb one, guys. I need to change my sites name. Before I do anything, I'm making sure I don't screw something up. Do I just change the name in the Publishing box?

joe

The easiest way to change a project name is to use the menu option File > Save As (give it a different name)
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    The easiest way to change a project name is to use the menu option File > Save As (give it a different name)
    is there no any restriction of days or time period, for changing the name ???

Quote Originally Posted by mitsiko View Post
    is there no any restriction of days or time period, for changing the name ???

Not for changing the name on a Fusion site project.

If you wish to change "domain names" this is done where you registered your domain and it DOES take 48 +/- hours for that change to take place
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

If you wish to change "domain names" this is done where you registered your domain and it DOES take 48 +/- hours for that change to take place
    is there any link between domain and website name? I mean soes it effect on each other??

Quote Originally Posted by sarabullock View Post
    is there any link between domain and website name? I mean soes it effect on each other??

Not within the Fusion product.

You can call your site project anything you wish.

Domain names are registered with a domain name registration site.

This ICANN page explains all you will ever need to know about domain name registration

https://whois.icann.org/en/domain-na...ration-process

Ok. I'm really Thankful for your guide line..

ok thanks. I was busy some where, thats why replied late.

ok.. thanks .. it was cleared to me in pm. someone did this