Thread: Wierd things with pages not in navigation

Default Wierd things with pages not in navigation

I have three pages that I want to link to from the home page. When I add text to one, the other pages have their text overwritten by what was pasted into the page being updated. What could causing this

You putting your content in the master border.

A very common error that new users make.

Page specific content must be placed in the Layout area for each page.

Whatever you place in a master border is shared on each page using that master border.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

yes , just answering to confirm it. put contents in layout area, not in master border.

NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks Chuck, I see that now. Problem is, now when adding a new page, there is no Layout Area on the page. Only a very tall master border. I do not think I have changed any settings on purpose because, as you surmised, I a new user or actually a user who has used older versions of NOF in the past. What can be done to add a Layout Area to a page?

Thanks Mike, Looks like a very useful site.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronchai View Post
    Thanks Chuck, I see that now. Problem is, now when adding a new page, there is no Layout Area on the page. Only a very tall master border. I do not think I have changed any settings on purpose because, as you surmised, I a new user or actually a user who has used older versions of NOF in the past. What can be done to add a Layout Area to a page?
    Every page has a Layout area. Most likely you have accidentally reduced that area to 0 zero pixels and that's why it 'appears' that there is no layout area. Follow Chuck's link above and read about handles to rescue the layout area and tame your masterborder area, or press F9 and type in a new Layout Page height in the properties palette.

Thanks again to all who helped me. All is right with the site now so I am going to leave it alone for a while.