Thread: Upgrading sites after a hard disk failure

Default Upgrading sites after a hard disk failure

I recently upgraded to NOF2015 a few days before my primary hard drive failed. I have been able to recovery my website files but since I had not opened any of them in the new version they are all saved as NOF12 sites. The instructions for migrating to the new version are to save the original site as a template in the old version then import it into NOF2015. My problem is that now I do not have the old version available to me to create the templates since I cannot recover the program files. Is there something I can do to minimize any issues when I open the sites in NOF2015? Thanks for any guidance, John

Exporting a template is the recommended method. But if you have an intact User Sites folder with your site folder in it, you can certainly open and make a copy of the site in a newer version of Fusion.

Save the copy (nod file) in the same folder where your old version nod is located.

Then open the copy in 2015. Should be no issues, as long as the file paths haven't changed.

If they have, you'll need to re-find your site assets in Assets View.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    Exporting a template is the recommended method. But if you have an intact User Sites folder with your site folder in it, you can certainly open and make a copy of the site in a newer version of Fusion.

Save the copy (nod file) in the same folder where your old version nod is located.

Then open the copy in 2015. Should be no issues, as long as the file paths haven't changed.

If they have, you'll need to re-find your site assets in Assets View.
    even we don't have old version????

You should still be able to open the .nod file without any major issues (as Chuck said, you may have to replace some assets if the file paths have changed). Make a copy first just in case. If the paths have changed a lot and Fusion can't find the assets you may have be better of rebuilding the site.