Thread: Page Display

Default Page Display

When I set up a page in NO I have what is shown in Pic 1. When it is uploaded I get what is shown in Pic 2. This has only happened since I had to renew my computer and had to reload my software. In the past when I changed the image in Properties it overwrote the Pic 2 image. Now it doesn't. Can someone please advise me where I am going wrong. I am getting rather frustrated trying to sort this out. Thanks Trevor
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic 1.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	2555   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic 2.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	2556  

What html output are you using? Do you have any overlapping objects (i.e. do you see any little red exclamation marks on any objects?) Overlapping objects have to use a fixed output method (html 4.01 or html 5). If you use a dynamic output method (html 5 dynamic or html 4.01 with tables) and try to overlap objects, the objects will be pushed around all over the place.

Hello Franko,

Thank you for your response. I cannot see any exclamation marks. As far as HTML is concerned it is a foreign language. This is the reason that I am using Net Objects. The properties option has worked for over 2 years so have never had this issue before. It is strange that I am getting it now. There are a few other issues that I have had since reloading but I have hopefully resolved those. It is just this one that is bugging me. If you can treat me like a complete novice I will try any suggestions you have. e.g how do I determine the HTML version?

Exclamation marks look like the following, as shown in your screen capture:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exclaim.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	2557
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Good catch, Ray. I'd missed that in his original screen capture. There's the cause of the problem; you're using dynamic output and trying to overlap objects. You have two choices; see which works best for your site. 1. Move the offending objects until the exclamation marks disappear (so the objects are no longer overlapping). Or change your html output to either html5 (recommended) or html 4.01 (if you have issues with html5). You change your html output in Tools ->Options -> Current Site and it's under the General tab: Site Generation.

HTML 5 and HTML 4.01 are fixed html output methods.
    HTML 5 Dynamic and HTML 4.01 with tables are dynamic output methods.

You can overlap objects with fixed output generation but not with dynamic output generation.
    Last edited by franko; 09-26-2016 at 11:31 PM.

Thanks to you both. I have changed to HTML 5 and will see what happens to the site. Cheers Trevor