Thread: Comments section on web pages

Default Comments section on web pages

I want to add a Comments section at the bottom of each of the blog pages on the site I'm developing and, if possible, I want to be able to monitor the comments so I can choose whether or not to allow them to actually be posted (no profanity, etc.). Can anyone tell me how to do that in NOF 2015? Can it be done w/ javascript? Are there any good tutorials out there? I've done all kinds of google searches and so far I've come up empty.

As always, thanks in advance for whatever help and/or recommendations anyone can give.

Why reinvent the wheel? Use wordpress, which is a program designed for blogging (which is what you actually want.) If you want to roll your own, you'll need to have a database backend. There are probably tutorials and maybe even some php/mysql applications available on the web. It's not a function for NoF which is a front-end html generator.

Franko - The site is NOT a blog site. It's a regular NOF site promoting a freelance writer. 10 pages, one of which is the blog page containing a list of the blog articles, each linked to the child page (8 so far) containing the article itself. Are you suggesting that I create the blog article pages in Wordpress and externally link to them on the blog list page?

You should look at using DISQUS.

I've never used it myself, but I know it is one of the most used comment systems out there. I expect it is a matter of signing up and embedding some code.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Thanks Ray. I'll certainly check it out.

Miss Kitty, it may not be a blog site but the ability to add and moderate comments is a blog function and is therefore found mostly in blogging applications. Not every wordpress site is a blog site, even though the app was first developed for blogging.