Thread: Problem publishing a web update to Godaddy

Default Problem publishing a web update to Godaddy

I sent my first version to godaddy with NO problem. Now Updating.
    Have clarification from Godaddy that you have to publish to public_html directory which I did the initial time.
    Now I am updating/publishing again to the website. Know I am connecting and transferring but get the error at end "the fileC:\Users\embel\Documents\NObjF2013\UserSites\o sageranch10262016\styles\Oak-Rust\nof.jcarousel_skin.css could not be opened.Pls ck that the file exists as named" I have never had this issue. It is as if it cannot find my website which had no problem publishing the first time. I have never had to use another FTP to publish to godaddy and don't want to have to start because the utility is handy build into NOF. Anyone know how to solve this issue when the directory is not being identified by NOF? Thanks

There could be a number of reasons for this error from moving files around on your home computer to a disconnect within the Fusion software.

You can use any FTP software and upload the files that are located in your local publish folder to your web host. Most users do this as it is the simplest.

You can run your site project through the 3 step clean up process. Most do NOT do this as it can cause issues to those other than experts in the use of the Fusion software.

If you want to use a 3rd party FTP program you can go through the tutorial I have written for my hosting customers, substituting your godaddy info for the info in my tutorial that will upload to my servers.

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4066

I am sure godaddy will have a similar tutorial you can go through should using the one I have made for my website hosting customers be confusing to you to use with your godaddy info.

If you feel you are an expert in the Fusion software and don't want to use FTP software, let me know and I will post the multiple tutorials that will address the internal disconnect. IF that does not clear it up and you still do not want to use FTP software post back and we'll go deeper into your software and home computer setup
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    There could be a number of reasons for this error from moving files around on your home computer to a disconnect within the Fusion software.

You can use any FTP software and upload the files that are located in your local publish folder to your web host. Most users do this as it is the simplest.

You can run your site project through the 3 step clean up process. Most do NOT do this as it can cause issues to those other than experts in the use of the Fusion software.

If you want to use a 3rd party FTP program you can go through the tutorial I have written for my hosting customers, substituting your godaddy info for the info in my tutorial that will upload to my servers.

I am sure godaddy will have a similar tutorial you can go through should using the one I have made for my website hosting customers be confusing to you to use with your godaddy info.

If you feel you are an expert in the Fusion software and don't want to use FTP software, let me know and I will post the multiple tutorials that will address the internal disconnect. IF that does not clear it up and you still do not want to use FTP software post back and we'll go deeper into your software and home computer setup
    I will be thank full if you post the tutorial about FTP plz

Quote Originally Posted by janessa642 View Post
    I will be thank full if you post the tutorial about FTP plz

Click the link in the post....

Is there more you wish to know that is not covered in the posted tutorial?

NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thank you for your response. It ended up being an error on my settings. The Directory was not right. It seems they want everything in the public_html file versus any other files you set. My error in settings corrected made all work fine. Hope

I'm having the same issue, what was your error?