Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forms Handler Compotent issue

Default Forms Handler Compotent issue

I created a form following the instructions in the 3-part GotFusion tutorial Using the Fusion Forms Handler Component. When a site visitor clicks the Submit button, the form information will be sent to my email. When I do a local publish the following error message appears at the top of the page on which the form was created:

FormsHandler components are not published. Please check your publish settings in Fusion and republish the site.

"; } else { echo "

An error occured. Please contact the site administrator

Error code: 103
    "; } exit(); } require_once($nof_rootDir . "/" . $nof_scriptDir . "/" . "nof_utils.inc.php"); $nof_resources->addFile($nof_langFile); ?>

The tutorial said I didn't need to "Enable Forms Handler Component in Publish View" since on the Forms Handler General Tab the Write to database checkbox should be left unchecked because the form will be processed directly to email. If I go to Publish View and click on Publish > Publish Components, the only two available components listed are the 1&1 Component and the FirstGate Component, whatever they are.

So I'm mystified as to what the error message means or what I need to do to correct the error. Help please!

Have you tried publishing online?

Forms handler requires either PHP or ASP server installed (which your host will have)

To get a handle on the component, make a simple 1 page site with the component and publish to a "test folder" online.

Once you have a handle on what is needed, you can then create a forms handler page on your live site project and discard the test folder online.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Hi Mike. I went ahead and uploaded the site even though it's not completely finished. The page in question is http://www.kittywrites.com/contact.php if you want to take a look.

When I tested the form & hit the submit button, got the following error message: [Error 701] The path '/hermes/bosnaweb19a/b794/dot.pi-squared/public_html/kittywritescom/db/formsHandlerFileUpload' cannot be found.

When I googled Error 701, up came the following from the NOF knowledge base:

Error 701 Upload Path cannot be found
    Cause: The path for the uploaded files does not exist on the server.
    Resolution: Verify if the destination for the uploaded files exists physically on the server. If not, create it and grant the write permissions on it.

I don't know what ANY of this means or what to do about it. So still need your help. Thanks!

Sounds like you had the upload function enabled

Use FileZilla and create a folder at the location that is being looked for using the name it is looking for.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

If I have the upload function enabled, I don't know how or where or when I did that. How would I undo it? (I'm pretty sure I followed the gotFusion tutorial line by line and it said I didn't need to "Enable Forms Handler Component in Publish View" since on the Forms Handler General Tab the "Write to database" checkbox should be left unchecked because the form will be processed directly to email. So I left that checkbox unchecked.)

I put a new db folder in the kittywritescom/ directory and re-upped the site. Still get the same error message [Error 701] The path '/hermes/bosnaweb19a/b794/dot.pi-squared/public_html/kittywritescom/db/formsHandlerFileUpload' cannot be found. I don't know what all that stuff is/means in the file patch leading up to kittywritescom/ which is the root directory for this site.

Do I need to have a live chat w/ my hosting provider and pose these questions to them or is there anything further we can do at the NOF end?

Banned

The NOF Form Builder is over complicated for newcomers.
    Better to use a third party produce such as (free) http://www.emailmeform.com/

It is intuitive, responsive, and the resulting message is better formatted.

The resulting code can be pasted into your webpage using Text Box/AltT

I'm not a newcomer to NOF. Been using it since v. 2 and have created a number of sites over the years. But I've never before tried to do a form that sends results to my email and I certainly agree w/ you that the NOF Form Builder is overly complicated. I'll check out your link right now. THANKS!!!

You may also find your web host has a forms app that you can use online and paste the resulting code in the same way into your site. I know mine does and I've used it extensively over the years.

You can also go through my 123contactform.com form to email service tutorial (it's free for most users)

gotFusion tutorial located here: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4075

When three senior members of this forum recommend using a 3d party app to make what should be a simple workable email form, that tells me everything I need to know about the NOF Forms Handler -- except WHY NOF has never seen fit to de-complicate their own component! Thanks, guys, for your honesty and your suggestions.